GREAT inexpensive bass guitar w/ pro gigbag & cable

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

GREAT inexpensive bass guitar w/ pro gigbag & cable

Post by MartyNeilan »

A TubeNet steal at $175 including the heavy duty bag and now the 16' pro cable!
I have up for sale a like-new SX 4 string jazz bass (j-bass) copy. This axe has been professionally setup with new set of S.I.T. Powerwound strings and has had the action and neck truss rod adjusted. The bass is black with a white pickguard, body is 3-piece alder, neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard. This bass played better than the import Fender basses and the student line Yamahas when I compared them. Drop $100 on high end pickups and you will have a bass rivaling those costing many hundreds more.
Includes the now discontinued top-of-the-line Baja cordura gigbag with nearly 1" thick padding and backpack straps - over $100 value.
Now includes a 16' heavy gauge cable with a straight plug on one end and a 90 degree plug on the other end.
Buyer to pay actual shipping as calculated based on their location. Will be very securely packed and sent Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.
Oh, and for you hotshots who think you need 7 strings on a bass, take a look at the "who's who" of bass players from the past and see just how many had successful careers on a 4 string.
Sorry, but shipping to continental United States only :(
Why am I selling??
A) I now have three kids.
B) We are moving yet again in the coming months, and my wife really wants a house.
C) I unfortunately rarely have reason to play it.
ImageImage
bigger picture at:
http://www.geocities.com/martyneilan/100_1059CE.jpg
Last edited by MartyNeilan on Wed May 23, 2007 10:55 am, edited 8 times in total.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

I've only ever played a 4 string. I've tried my friends multi-string behemoths, including a variety of 5's, a few 6's and even a Conklin 7. Just like my favorite tuba is a 3-valve Besson BBb comp, my favorite bass is my Rickenbacker 4002, (that's right: 4002, not 4001 or 4003) and the one I play most often because of my old hand and arm injuries is my custom fanned fret 4.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Ryan_Beucke
3 valves
3 valves

Re:

Post by Ryan_Beucke »

Not to steel the thread..

but is that a Dingwall, iiipopes?
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

FINAL bump
Yes, the price is a little higher than a new ebay version of the bass; but
this has:
a) much better strings
b) pro setup
c) $$$ bag
d) $$ cable
e) is a known good example vs. an unknown
f) I will now eat the PayPal costs
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re:

Post by iiipopes »

Ryan_Beucke wrote:Not to steel the thread..

but is that a Dingwall, iiipopes?
I don't know...steel strings, especially Rotosounds and GHS Super Steels, are good strings. But I digress. At the risk of stealing thunder from the thread, here goes.

My bass is not a Dingwall model, because his proprietary models fan both ways, and I wanted a square nut so I didn't have to tilt my hand and wrist backwards on the lower frets. So I mapped out the fret coordinates on a Fender style neck with a 1.67 wide nut and 2.38 inch heel (narrower than the stock 2.5) that I had made on the east coast for me, and sent it to Sheldon Dingwall who hand fretted it for me with the low E string at standard 34 inch Fender scale and G string at 33 1/4 Rickenbacker scale. I then put that on a modified P-bass body with a split and narrowed bridge for the offset scaling and a slightly narrower string spacing, and again with the aid of my old TI-30 calculator, figured out the angle of rotation for the pickups. With the slightly narrowed string spacing, I have a Rickenbacker humbucker in the P-bass position, or just slightly closer to the bridge for more bite, and a DiMarzio Ultra Jazz neck model in the bridge position -- same pickup as the bridge version, just with the narrower pole pieces to line up the strings properly, and humbucking as well.

Now, where were we? Oh, yeah -- here's another thread about a guy looking for a good inexpensive electric bass like the subject of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=21406
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

I know I said I wouldn't bump this again, but...
My wife's car got hit TWICE last week, and my van got smashed hard in the doors today while parked, and the other driver was unknown. Although none were our fault, the deductibles are hitting the wallet pretty hard, so...

BUMP