Getzen 1062 FDR Bass Trombone SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Getzen 1062 FDR Bass Trombone SOLD

Post by MartyNeilan »

Getzen 1062 FDR Bass Trombone. 9 1/2" rose brass (goldbrass) bell. .562/.578 dual bore slide with nickle silver oversleeves. F/D dependent rotors, can be flipped for F/Db. Removeable #2 leadpipe. Griego .75 Deco mouthpiece in goldplate. No hard case; only gigbag.

Bell was wrinkled but repaired, shows faint signs or wrinkle but looks great on stage, under lights, or on TV. Ding in endcrook of slide that does not affect playability. Slide repaired several years ago by THE slide Dr. and is extremely smooth and fast. Valves are very light and quick.
Gigbag shows wear in inner slide box and on one zipper but still very useable; includes shoulder strap.

This is a great playing bass trombone with very free blowing traditional rotors (much more open than Bach, Conn or Holton) that has a full colorful sound and can be used in both classical and bigband situations - can be played big and broad or "in your face". This versatile horn was originally designed by Dave Taylor. This is the second generation 1062 that includes the removeable leadpipe and nickle silver oversleeves.

$1450 firm plus $35.00 shipping. I will include an Edwards bullet brace for $65.00 if desired.
These horns sell for around two grand new and will still need a slide setup for optimal performance after leaving the factory.
Thumbnails and high-res pics at http://www.geocities.com/martinneilan
(Please only view high-res pics if you are seriously interested)
Last edited by MartyNeilan on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevAllen83
bugler
bugler

Post by KevAllen83 »

Beautiful looking horn - where are you located?
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Currently Hermitage, TN - just outside Nashville.
If you drive out to try and buy the horn, I will throw in a (dinged up) copper-bottom straight mute and a plunger mute.
Last edited by MartyNeilan on Sun May 06, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

BUMP, goes on trombone.org classifieds next Monday. Wanted to give my TubeNet brethren first crack.

Why am I selling??
A) I now have three kids.
B) We are moving yet again in the coming months, and my wife really wants a house.
C) I unfortunately rarely have reason to play it.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

SOLD
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University