IIB:BBb Helicon

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Hank74
3 valves
3 valves

IIB:BBb Helicon

Post by Hank74 »

I would like to first note that IIB means "Interested in Buying."

That being said, I was wondering about whether there is a BBb helicon available. I'll listen and consider anything that might be available. Don't know yet about buying though.

Send me a PM or e-mail on my profile.
Hank74

Baritone Horn: Wessex BBb
Contras: Dynasty BBb
Helicon: Wessex BBb
Sousas: Conn, Holton, Jupiter, King, Yamaha. All BBb.
Tubas: King, Martin, Reynolds (one w/Olds bell). All BBb.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Cerveny makes a good modern helicon with a larger bore and rotary valves.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

bloke wrote:I believe Mr. Chisham allows for enough letters in a thread title to allow for
interested in buying BBb helicon
bloke "bump"
Apparently you don't text message. It's a whole 'nother way of writing without using spelling and grammar but requiring translation skills beyond the means of most baby boomers.

f u cnt read dis ur 2 old n dnt qualify. Represent.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

My response to the instruction manual presented above is that in most cases I can read the text-messaging shorthand. I am just annoyed by it. Perhaps a better approach would be: "I don't want you old guy/gals to read this so go read something else." This is mostly the effect that you are having we me, anyway.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
pwhitaker
3 valves
3 valves

Anachronistic!

Post by pwhitaker »

Maybe - being 66 years old - I'm old fashioned, but what's the point of sending written (text) messages over the telephone which was invented for and designed for voice communications? What's next - clay tablets and heiroglyphics, buggy whips, bustles?

I guess I'm just not l33t.
MISERICORDE, n.
A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.
- Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce
lgb&dtuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by lgb&dtuba »

Oh, I can read it. But people using it here on this forum is just lazy, stupid and annoying.

As for text messaging, no I don't do that. There's just nothing I do that justifies forking over the $$ to the cell phone companies. When a phone costs as much or more a month as cable tv those conversations can wait.

As a computer programmer and hardware geek I used to be an early adopter of new tech. Not any more. After having had my CED and laser disks obsoleted by dvd and now dvd on the edge of obsolescence by possibly Blue Ray I've realized that it's all really just a game to extract money out of my wallet. I like my LG cell phone just fine without all the money extracting features. I went through car installed analog cell phones, bag phones, and finally hand held phone to get here. When the contract is up I'll probably go to a pre-paid plan if I can find one that only costs me actual minutes used with no expiration or monthly fees.

My employer provides and requires me to carry a Blackberry. It's not cool. It's a major annoyance. It's a leash. It's intrusive to the extreme. Costs them about $80/month. And it hasn't improved anything even a little bit. If it didn't have games I can play during boring meetings it would be a total waste. Guess I don't see it as the status symbol. Hint - it doesn't show you are an indispensable member of your organization.

So, to the younger generation who think that somehow their lazy shorthand texting is beyond us boomers, get a clue. It's not beyond us. We've just outgrown it and developed sales resistance. You probably will one day, too.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

lgb&dtuba wrote:Oh, I can read it. But people using it here on this forum is just lazy, stupid and annoying.
Ditto. ;-)
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
lgb&dtuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by lgb&dtuba »

Scooby Tuba wrote:
lgb&dtuba wrote:My employer provides and requires me to carry a Blackberry. It's not cool. It's a major annoyance. It's a leash. It's intrusive to the extreme.
When my then employer insisted on providing pagers, I always seemed to lose them somehow or leave them in my desk at work. They also wanted everyone's cell numbers (I never did get around to remembering to do that...). After a while, they stopped replacing my pagers... :lol:
I forgot mine today. :twisted:
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

If they wanted me to have a pager, they'd have to make it in reverse, so that I could buzz them at random times, whenever I felt like it...

(take one, don't call them back, and if they ask you, say "Oh, THAT. I just thought that meant my table was ready!) :shock: :D
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

I hate the Nextel walkie-talkie sqwak boxes. It's more intrusive than cigarette smoke.

Also, keep in mind that FAA is considering a relaxation on the use of cellphone in airplanes. Can you imagine how bad it would be sitting next to someone yelling in their walkie-talkie Nextel for two hours?

I've never thought of it but, would that mean that pilots can fly and use their cellphones at the same time?
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Alex C wrote:would that mean that pilots can fly and use their cellphones at the same time?
Only if they're drunk, too :shock: :D
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
tbn.al
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tbn.al »

I called a friend's cell phone the other day and got this message, "Sorry I can't take your call. As this voicemail does not accept messages, please call my office at.... to leave your message." I asked him how he fixed his mail box to do that and he replied, " Oh, it takes messages fine. I just don't want anyone to know it. I'm tired of checking 3 mailoboxes all the time." What a cool idea! I hate it when I've been at my desk all day with the cell phone in the car and someone says, "I called you on your cell phone, where were you?" NOYDB where I was.
I am fortunate to have a great job that feeds my family well, but music feeds my soul.