Looking for an F tuba... [maybe a 45-slp?]

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Looking for an F tuba... [maybe a 45-slp?]

Post by bort »

I am again (still?) looking for an F tuba. My budget is around $3,000. Anything new or 'unlisted' out there? If so, please PM or e-mail me...

[Edit: Would also be interested in a 45-slp as close to my price range as possible. Anything out there in the low $4,000's?]

Thanks!
Last edited by bort on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMOTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by DMOTuba »

I've got a Meinl Weston 2182 for $5500 if you want. I know you said $3000, but it's a good horn!

Good luck!

Douglas Olenik
Mark

Re: Looking for an F tuba...

Post by Mark »

bort wrote:I am again (still?) looking for an F tuba. My budget is around $3,000. Anything new or 'unlisted' out there? If so, please PM or e-mail me...
At the current price of less than $2,000, I might think about the Daylan F from Woodwind and Brasswind.
tubaguy9
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Looking for an F tuba...

Post by tubaguy9 »

Mark wrote:
bort wrote:I am again (still?) looking for an F tuba. My budget is around $3,000. Anything new or 'unlisted' out there? If so, please PM or e-mail me...
At the current price of less than $2,000, I might think about the Daylan F from Woodwind and Brasswind.
You mean Dalyan, right? Daylan isn't a brand...

tubaguy "making sure no one makes a mistake, or maybe a spelling nazi"9
I think I might end up as a grumpy old man when I get old...
pierso20
5 valves
5 valves

Post by pierso20 »

I've actually decided that I might go with that Dalyan horn as well. I'm going to the Woodwind Brasswind in Indiana tomorrow, so Ill have to let you know how it played. I'm going on an F tuba extravaganza and playing a ton of em
Brooke Pierson

Music Educator
Composer
Composer http://www.brookepierson.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

pierso20 wrote:I've actually decided that I might go with that Dalyan horn as well. I'm going to the Woodwind Brasswind in Indiana tomorrow, so Ill have to let you know how it played. I'm going on an F tuba extravaganza and playing a ton of em
Did you go? I want details! :lol:
pierso20
5 valves
5 valves

Post by pierso20 »

ok...so i went. It was my first visit the the retail store.....and they didn't really have anything. They definetely didn't have that one horn. But I may be tempted to buy it and retun it if it's bad. You have roughly 45 days to try it out. Or whatver they said.

i was actually dissapointed with the amount of tuba's in general. But, I did find a Willson 5/4 f tuba for $6800 that is a BEAUTY!

I didn't really learn much...other than that i like horns that are out of my price range...lol.

I need a horn for orchestra...but i may not be in orchestra's all too much and I love solo'ing so I'm looking at possibly buying a Yamaha YFB 621..sweet solo horn.....not so good in ensembles... but hey, good price and I like 'em. Good luck in your seach.
Brooke Pierson

Music Educator
Composer
Composer http://www.brookepierson.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
pierso20
5 valves
5 valves

Re: 2182

Post by pierso20 »

DMOTuba wrote:I've got a Meinl Weston 2182 for $5500 if you want.
I've been looking for one of these...I absolutely love this horn. Are you still selling it?
Brooke Pierson

Music Educator
Composer
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

Let's face it- WWBW ain't the same without a Charlie or Roger...
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
quinterbourne
4 valves
4 valves

Post by quinterbourne »

pierso20 wrote:ok...so i went. It was my first visit the the retail store.....and they didn't really have anything. They definetely didn't have that one horn.... i was actually dissapointed with the amount of tuba's in general.
Did you ask the staff to bring you the tuba(s) that you want? The showroom they have does not include all the tubas they have, only the ones they sell most often.
pierso20
5 valves
5 valves

Post by pierso20 »

I asked them to bring me EVERY F tuba they had. And when i tried the few I did, I asked if there were any anywhere around, and the guy told me there were no others.
Brooke Pierson

Music Educator
Composer
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

MikeMason wrote:Let's face it- WWBW ain't the same without a Charlie or Roger...
Ain't that the truth.

One more bump...I think I might have a plan though... 8)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Edited my post...

...I would also be interested in a 45-slp as close to my price range as possible. Anything out there in the low $4,000's? ish?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Funny you mention that...I was there yesterday and played the two SLPs they had. I was impressed -- thus my search for a "more used" one that I CAN afford. :)