Possibly F.S.- Getzen 1062

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Alex F »

Bob,

Sorry you feel the need to sell the horn, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta . . .

One piece of advice against selling is the fact that you have played bass trombone in several groups and can hold your own. Keeping the Getzen would allow you to take some bass 'bone gigs while in school and, once you are done, give you some opportunities you might not othewise have.

If you do insist on selling it, I can attest that this horn was much better than the guy trying to play it - me. I bought it from Steve Ferguson. If I recall, the slide had been given a tune-up by John Sandhagen at the Boneyard - John does this work on most of the horns Steve gets from the factory. The slide moved like butter. Whoever buys it will be getting a great horn.

Alex " not a bass trombonist" F.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Bob,
Since you are keeping it, you may strongly want to consider getting an Edwards bullet brace. Also, the Edwards counterweight does wonders for improving the balance of this horn.
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University