Mouthpieces for sale - new additions

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Mouthpieces for sale - new additions

Post by Alex C »

Mouthpieces for sale that don't work for my equipment.

The rims and ends of all mouthpieces are in excellent condition with no pits or dents.

Alan Baer CC stainless w/euro shank - $95
Bought in Dec. of 2006, just didn't work on my horns.. Shows receiver scratches

PT88S - $75
Bought in Feb of 2007. Shows no wear. Looks like a new mouthpiece.

Bellaire BB - $35
A heavy mouthpiece shaped like a, what else, bell (ding-dong bell, not tuba). This is a 1950's vintage Helleberg style cup but much heavier exterior design in nickle silver. There is a slight indent on the end of the receiver and minor receiver wear.

Miraphone C4 - $40
Mostly blemish free, good rim and shank but it does show some receiver wear. I tested this today, it has a fine high register.

Marsinkow Marcincow... Marsincovitch... well it was made in Burbank and is an N3 - $35
You will have to spell it yourself. Excellent condition except for some receiver wear.

Schilke 67 shank cut for Besson Imperial Euphonium receiver - $40
This mouthpiece has the cup of a Schilke 67 but was manufactured to fit the older Besson receiver. You play euphonium and want to knock the #*!@ out of the pedal tones? Here's the tool that'll do it. I used it on the Berlioz Requiem and hammered the bejeesus out of the pedal Bb's. Bass trombonists will shiver and quake when you unleash with this puppy. Super condition with almost no receiver wear (I had others).

Besson G91 - $30
Intended for the Besson 981/2 Eb tubas, this one is in excellent condition with the most minor of receiver scratches. The inside of the receiver was roughly finished from the factory, whether it was on purpose or not I never knew but it isn't Schilke smooth inside. No dents or scratches on the cup.

Reynolds Dr. Young Model- S0LD IN TRADE!!!
This particular mouthpiece is a 1960's vintage and is the famous large, funnel shaped mouthpiece. It is in very good condition with one 3mm dent on the funnel, a ding on the outside of the (?)rim and minor receiver wear. Arnold Jacobs played this mouthpiece (once, in a lesson) AND Harvey Phillips also held this mouthpiece and talked about it once, so it has been priced accordingly.

Miraphone Rose Solo Model - SOLD
You know you always wanted one. Shows receiver wear and has a few dings on the outside but is still a great example of the Rose Solo model.

Holton 12 - SOLD
For that big, beefy sound you always wanted. Shows receiver scratches and the silver has worn on the rim where it sat on a shelf with no protection. Makes a PT-88 look wimpy.

Bach 24AW - SOLD
Still in original box and plastic bag, 70's vintage. Never used, never even out of the plastic bag.

Herco Professional Eb- SOLD
It's the much sought after, often copied but never duplicated, Professional model specifically for Eb tuba. So your European F tuba has a funky low C? Use this mouthpiece to acheive a hitherto undreamt consistancy, every note will play the same. You won't find this one in the WWBW catalogue.

Herco BB - SOLD
It's a Herco! And no, it isn't a BBb or BB flat... it's a BB. It looks to be made of a kind of low grade nickle silver (which doesn't polish) and produces an indescribable sound with unmatched intonation curiosities.

LOUD LM7 - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The owner called. He remembered I'd borrowed this and wants it back.

Prices are close to firm but if ya buy more than one, I'll work a deal. I'll ship USPS ground for free in the continental US. PM or email if interested.
Last edited by Alex C on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

The owner DOES want it back and for JUST a moment his heart stopped when he saw that it was for sale!!!!!! VERY funny Alex!

The Owner
pwhitaker
3 valves
3 valves

Sticky PM

Post by pwhitaker »

I tried to send you the following message last night thru the PM facility on this board but it seemes to have gotten lodged in my Outbox: "I'm interested in the Herco BB and the Holton 12. I'll be glad to send you $65 if you ship them 2-day UPS."

My e-mail is pwhitaker@jhaweb.com.
MISERICORDE, n.
A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.
- Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Richard Murrow wrote:The owner DOES want it back and for JUST a moment his heart stopped when he saw that it was for sale!!!!!! VERY funny Alex!

The Owner
Tubenet can be a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands... but no profiling allowed.
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

Alex, I know you're getting me back for something. Since you are privy to the secret microwave story you never know when they might get you!

The Owner
Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

Alex,

If you haven't sold the Dr. Young I might consider going $1200, but since I have to get a tuba restored I can't go any higher. Talk to me.

Richard
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Richard Murrow wrote:Alex,

If you haven't sold the Dr. Young I might consider going $1200, but since I have to get a tuba restored I can't go any higher. Talk to me.

Richard
I'm sorry, I remember that I once showed this mouthpiece to Harvey Phillips and he held it in his own hands and talked about it. I have had to raise this price.

If we could work a deal with this mouthpiece and some mouthpiece you have, say maybe an LM7, that could be possible.

Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

Alex,

No offense, I don't think that will work. Someone just offered me 2 Dr. Youngs' for less than half of your asking price! What can I say?

Richard Murrow/The Owner
Director of Rhythm & Articulation
Department of Intonation - Dallas, TX
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

They are probably the earlier "Dr. Young Experimental" models. Besides, this one has the Phillips/Jacobs pedigree as mentioned in the ad.

Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

Alex,

If you are interested in the Phillips pedigree, then we need to discuss my old silver Conn 3J. You know Harvey borrowed it a couple of times years ago, so that must mean it would bring, oh I don't know, $15,000-$18,000. What do you think? I know you like that horn, so I'll make you a deal. $15,000 and your Dr. Young for the 3J! Talk to me!

Richard
RSMorgan
lurker
lurker

Post by RSMorgan »

Ahh, two of the greatest b-s'er on this list. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I won't even attempt to keep up, just to watch!

Richard Morgan
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Richard, check your pm. I think we can work a deal. I've always wanted to own that horn but I thought a pair of your students in DC and California had first choice. I'm on it!

iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Yeah, compared to those to guys, (I just gotta) I don't have anything worth a hoot or a holler :P
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Mouthpieces "four"

Post by TubaRay »

I have a Helleberg-type mouthpiece which I was using while thinking about many of the teaching of Arnold Jacobs. I'm willing to part with it for a mere $300.00. What do you think? Alex? Richard? I know this must be right up your alley. Surely you recognize the value of such a mouthpiece.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

OK Guys, Alex and I have had some very serious trade discussions going on here and you are not taking us seriously! Tuba Ray I am especially surprised at you. I thought you would certainly see the seriousness of our debate. Alex, I see that with a $30K offer on another horn that my 3J price will have to be adjusted accordingly. Sam P. has also played on that horn.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

Richard Murrow wrote:OK Guys, Alex and I have had some very serious trade discussions going on here and you are not taking us seriously! Tuba Ray I am especially surprised at you. I thought you would certainly see the seriousness of our debate. Alex, I see that with a $30K offer on another horn that my 3J price will have to be adjusted accordingly. Sam P. has also played on that horn.
My offer still stands. Seriously!!! I'll pay the shipping.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
Richard Murrow
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Richard Murrow »

Ray,

I would gladly take you up on this, but I have to first get at least $15K for the 3J because I've got a lead on a bass boat that was personally used by Bill Dance that I've just got to have! Talk about pedigree. That boat has it over all this other stuff! I'll show you the size of the bass that this boat is guaranteed to catch at TBA!

Richard
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Guys, I'd really like to sell the other mouthpieces. Can we get on track here?

Wow, that Bellaire BB is an unusual mouthpiece

Ed Jones
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Ed Jones »

Maybe you guys should discuss this over Mexican food. I will be happy to moderate.
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Now you're talking!

I can check everybody's intonation while we're at it.