Not one but 2 Dr. Young mpc's for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
pwhitaker
3 valves
3 valves

Not one but 2 Dr. Young mpc's for sale

Post by pwhitaker »

Given the evident interest in strange and historical mpc's I am offering 2 Dr. Young mpc's for the low low price of $400 for both, or $250 apiece. One is the original Reynolds version which is a great street mpc in a larger horn; the other is the "new improved" version which is stilll funnel shaped but has a smaller inner rim and sharper bite. Both of these mpc's have no backbore - straight shot thru the shank. This price includes the shipping.

The older mpc has a small ding on the rim which is almost unnoticeable. The newer one is almost pristine. I've used the older one on a couple of gigs very successfully. I'm willing to let these beauties go because I use very large equipment (34.5 + mm inner rim) and these guys are a bit too small (34 and 33 mm inner rim.)

Edit: If you don't want to use the PM you can email me at pwhitaker@jhaweb.com

.... Redd Foxx used to tell the story that he once went into a store and was told that gumballs were 15 cents apiece or 2 for a quarter. He gave the storekeeper a dime and said "I'll take the other one."
MISERICORDE, n.
A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.
- Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

I'd be glad to sell you mine since the trade fell through, then you'd have three you could sell.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TexTuba »

Could you possibly post a pic up? I've never seen these things and am quite curious/interested. Thanks!

Ralph
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

$250 for one and $400 for both? How about I give you $150 for the first one and let you keep the $250 one?

(a very old joke) :P
pwhitaker
3 valves
3 valves

Deja Vu all over again.

Post by pwhitaker »

Chuck:
I believe that that's the same premise of the Red Foxx joke I posted up above. Please try to keep up with the rest of the class. :)
MISERICORDE, n.
A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.
- Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce
Chuck Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Chuck Jackson »

cktuba wrote:
bloke wrote:
Chuck(G) wrote:$250 for one and $400 for both? How about I give you $150 for the first one and let you keep the $250 one?

(a very old joke) :P
I'm going to hold off until the Kelly version appears.
I've got one that I whittled out of a bar of soap, is that close enough? :wink:
At least you wash with yours when your done, my potato one got all brown and gnarley, to the point where even the dog wouldn't eat it.

Chuck"love my taters"Jackson
I drank WHAT?!!-Socrates
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Deja Vu all over again.

Post by Chuck(G) »

pwhitaker wrote:Chuck:
I believe that that's the same premise of the Red Foxx joke I posted up above. Please try to keep up with the rest of the class. :)
I confess to not having read through the entire posting. Must be that demented minds think alike.

:mrgreen: