WTB: Schilke Geib

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

WTB: Schilke Geib

Post by Billy M. »

Anyone know where I can hunt down one of these elusive mouthpieces?
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

There are many mouthpieces that Schilke can/will make to order that aren't documented in any catalogs or carried on a regular basis by a vendor.

Special order variations that I have include (NONE FOR SALE):

Schilke Helleberg II C4
Schilke Geib II
Schilke Geib
Schilke Pilafian

A special order will cost you about $180-200 directly from Schilke, but there really is no place else to get them...I waited about 2 years (posting want ads on a regular basis) for a Helleberg II C4 and Geib to become available on the used market. The Geib II was a freak purchase from WWBW many years ago and the Pilafian is a one off that I purchased on ebay several years ago. I have never seen or heard of another Geib II or Pilafian, however I know that there is a whole series of mouthpieces made for specific players that all have their names attached to them (like the Pilafian)...you have to know what you want when you contact Schilke...they won't tell you what they can make or have done in the past.

I've had a great experience dealing with Schilke. Considering the recent population surge of the Geib design, special ordering one from Schilke might be the only way to go.
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

Karl is great.

Last year he made me a SH-II rim with Doug Elliott threads for me to use with a variety of cups and backbores by Doug Elliott.

The work was amazing...fits perfectly...plated perfectly...very, very, very accurate reproduction of a SH-II rim.

I highly recommend them for custom work.

They can duplicate anything, modify anything, and probably create your dream mouthpiece. If you've got the money, they've got the time...
MKainuma
pro musician
pro musician

Post by MKainuma »

As of today, there's a Schilke Geib in stock at Dillon Music.

-no commercial affiliation-