SOLD - Meinl Weston 2000 - SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Conn 2J CC
bugler
bugler

Post by Conn 2J CC »

And now, for an eye witness account -

I live close to the University of Illinois, so I emailed Jon and asked if I could test drive his horn, which I got to do this afternoon. My accessment, in a nutshell, is "WOW!! What a great axe!".

The finish is in great shape. It would need just a little polishing to get it in pristine condition. I didn't notice any dents besides the two he points to in one picture. The valves are very smooth and quiet. The horn's intonation is excellent. I didn't feel like I needed to move any slides. He said he justs moves the first slide in a little for middle D and high Bb. The tone very full and even over the whole range of the horn. I don't do much playing down in the pedal register, but I liked those notes on Jon's horn. Five valves are so convenient down there.

I asked him if he was really sure if he wanted to sell this horn. He said he thought seriously about not selling it. I can't blame him. But, he decided he wants a bigger axe for orchestral playing. There are three or four other Tubists who have expressed interest in this horn as well. I realize my opinion here is probably worth only so much since I have so few posts on Tubenet, but I'm telling you, whoever gets this horn is going to be in heaven.

Thanks for letting me take it for a spin, Jon!
Dave
Low Brass musician and Bass Guitarist
CC
pro musician
pro musician

Post by CC »

Bump for my roommate...
Chris Combest
Nashville, TN