Going rate for used 5/4 Rudy CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Going rate for used 5/4 Rudy CC

Post by happyroman »

I am considering selling my baby, but have no idea what the going rate might be. I have a 5/4 CC Rudy that I purchased new from Custom Music during the summer of 1978.

I have had only a few modifications made while I owned it, which include venting the 1st and 3rd valves, installing new linkages, having some valve bearing work done to quiet the valves, and chemical cleaning. All work was done a few years ago by the good folks at the Brass Bow in Arlington Heights, IL.

This instrument plays GREAT. There has been some wear and tear through normal usage, such as worn laquer. I also removed some laquer from the bell and more came off as a result of the chemical cleaning. There is also a sizeable dent in the bottom bow which does not affect playability.

The instrument is in the Chicago area, and would come with a Reunion Blues bag, Laskey 30H and Cooley Helleburg mouthpieces, and a slew of music, including Vol. 1-9 of the Torchinsky books, 20th Century Orchestra Studies (Torchinsky), a new Arbans for Tuba, and other misc. etude books and such.

Feel free to post a message here or PM me if you are interested or can provide a reasonable estimate of the value for this tuba.
Last edited by happyroman on Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

IMO,without seeing it. 4 valve-3500-5000,5 valve-4500-6500.If you send it to Baltimore Brass,add 20%,less their fee and some shipping.
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

As an added note

Post by happyroman »

This is a five valve instrument.

I would also consider selling the sheet music and other accessories separately. Thanks for all of the responses so far.
Andy