Student looking for a slightly used CC tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Wallace
bugler
bugler

Post by Wallace »

I am selling my Kalison Daryl Smith. It is posted for sale just down the list.
Michael Roest
bugler
bugler

Miraphone Pro 186 5 valve

Post by Michael Roest »

Hello,

I have a Miraphone Pro 186 5 valve tuba that I am considering selling. I am not sure if I can part with it yet, but if you are interested we can email.

The tuba was previously owned by Alan Baer for 3 years while he was playing in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. I bought it from him to get to and through college. I have had it at Oberlin for the past 2 years. Alan did all the work on the horn including 1st and 4th valve venting, extended the tuning slide, and replacing valve linkages. It has a great Miraphone gig-bag that fits the horn perfectly. Black case with red zippers. Velvety black inside with leather valve protection. Leather shoulder straps.

The tuba is a Pro model which is different than the student models. The professional models are not made any more, so this horn is harder to come by. I have played some student models of this horn next to this horn and the pro 186 seems considerably darker than the S186 models. It has a lot more silver and nickle plating on the valve slides and body. The valve caps are silver with these fancy engravings on them. The valves are extraordinarily fast, quiet and require little maintenance. The pitch and sound is solid in all registers.

This tuba fits your price range, so if you are interested drop me an email at
Michael.Roest@oberlin.edu
I can give you more specs and a price. If you are in the area maybe you could try it.

Thank you,
Michael
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Miraphone Pro 186 5 valve

Post by Tom »

Michael Roest wrote:
I have a Miraphone Pro 186 5 valve tuba

The tuba is a Pro model which is different than the student models. The professional models are not made any more, so this horn is harder to come by.
:arrow: When did they stop making the pro 186? That's news to me...
james
pro musician
pro musician

piston valve CC Tuba

Post by james »

This is not the newer model but I cannot tell much playing difference between the two. I am simply looking for something bigger. Piston valve,laquered tuba. Has a couple cosmetic dents and laquer is about %85/90. This horn was chem-cleaned two months ago and includes a gig bag and hard case. This horn is a 5/4 with an "extremely" dark sound. E-mail me for more details. jhicks54@hotmail.com
this horn falls at the lower end of your price range.
Badgley
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Badgley »

I have a Miraphone 188 CC that I may be willing to part with. E-mail me for more information.
Brian Badgley
Kyle Turner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Kyle Turner »

My Conn 54J is in very good shape. It looks new. And it's a terrific horn. (See add in this section) I'm willing to negotiate a fair price. It also has an interesting history.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I have a Mirafone 184-4 CC for sale for less than half the cost of a new one. Vented valves.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
tubaman71
bugler
bugler

Post by tubaman71 »

Hello

I have a PT 20 P for Sale.

Let me know if your interested.

Michael Medeiros
tubaman71@hotmail.com
tubaman71
bugler
bugler

Post by tubaman71 »

Hello

I have a PT 20 P for Sale.

Let me know if your interested.

Michael Medeiros
tubaman71@hotmail.com
Chen
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Chen »

I have a Meinl Weston 37 William Bell model CC Tuba.