Flight Case

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
katfey
bugler
bugler

Post by katfey »

the Walt Johnson cases are highly recommended - see the music shops page
http://www.chisham.com/shops.html
TonyZ
pro musician
pro musician

Post by TonyZ »

Check out:

www.cabbagecases.com

Expensive, durable, and expensive. They custom build.
Tony Z.
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Flight case

Post by Tom »

codytuba wrote:Does walt johnson have FLIGHT cases. WHatever the titanium ar steel cases are. Where can I find the most expensive one?
Walt Johnson Cases are flight cases. Very expensive ones at that.

The most expensive ones right now are probably the $1000 Meinl Weston aluminum flight cases, but you don't have a Meinl Weston, so (to me) this wouldn't be a good option for you.

There are Unitecs for $400 and something that are made of wood. Not my first choice as they are generic in fit, but it's an option.

There are always the totally custom built ones like the Anvils. They can cost you anywhere from $500 on up to well over $1000 depending on exactly what you want. They are big and heavy, but they are nearly bomb proof. They are NOT made of metal though.

Me? I have a Anvil for my CC and a Meinl Weston for my Meinl Weston F, and couldn't be happier with them.

BTW, I don't think there is a titanium tuba case...I'd sure love to see it if there is. Along the same lines, a steel tuba case would be so heavy that you could hardly move it. If you were serious, perhaps you were thinking of fiberglass (???) which is what Walt Johnson makes cases out of.

Sounds to me like you need a custom case.
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Flight Case

Post by Tom »

mattwoodford wrote:I have a flight case for my Mirafone 186 BBb that I'm trying to sell. It's a unitec that I bought for $1500 and am trying to sell for $1000.
$1000 :shock:

More like $429 for a new one at Woodwind-Brasswind...or $321 for a new C stock one.

http://www.wwbw.com/Unitec-Tuba-and-Sou ... 5790.music
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

I think for only $29 most people would elect to purchase a new case.