Special Conn 54J for sale(used in NY Phil.)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Kyle Turner
pro musician
pro musician

Special Conn 54J for sale(used in NY Phil.)

Post by Kyle Turner »

I have a special Conn 54J CC for sale. It was the best of the first 6 production 54's. It has 52J written on it, but was soon renamed the 54. This tuba has been tweaked inside and out. Alot of detailed attention was spent making it work for me in the NY Phil.. I used this tuba for the NY Phil. principle brass quintet tours throughout Japan and the U.S., as well as concert halls throughout the world. It has a gold brass leadpipe and heavy valve caps. It comes with a hard and soft case, extra springs, pads, oils, and bumpers. It was heard and appreciated by the worlds foremost conductors, and the worlds foremost brass section. $7,200. kturner6@nyc.rr.com
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

This is a very god horn

Post by Roger Lewis »

I played this horn a couple of weeks ago and have to admit that it is a very good instrument. Full sound, strong low register, a great voice and fine intonation. This one is definitely worth the price. Whoever gets this will ave an excellent horn.

Just my observations.

Roger Lewis
WWBW
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
MKainuma
pro musician
pro musician

Post by MKainuma »

Top for Kyle
Kyle Turner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Kyle Turner »

back to the top
Jeffrey Hicks
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jeffrey Hicks »

bump :shock:
Conn 36K with Mike Finn "H"
Kyle Turner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Kyle Turner »

I forgot to mention that it has nylon valve guides. And I will throw in extra guides and springs. The price for this Conn is now $6,500
Kyle Turner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Kyle Turner »

SOLD!!!