Nirschl 6/4 York model & Conn 54J

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Kyle Turner
pro musician
pro musician

Nirschl 6/4 York model & Conn 54J

Post by Kyle Turner »

I am selling my Walter Nirschl 6/4 York model tuba. It's about a year and a half old. It's in new condition. It plays great! If you heard a radio broadcast of Mahler Sym. #3 this past June with the NY Phil., that was me on this Nirschl. Alot of people thought it was Al Bear. Anyway, the horn is great. I paid $18,700 for it. I would like to sell it for $18,000. If you want a great playing BAT, don't miss this one. Comes with a very nice soft case.
Also, I have decided to lower the price of the before advertised Conn 54J. I am now asking $6,500. I didn't mention that it has nylon valve guides. See the older add for more details.
ALSO, I have a stoneline tuba CUP mute for sale. It fits a miraphone 186, 18in. bell. I'm asking $40. kturner6@nyc.rr.com
Getzeng50s
pro musician
pro musician

why

Post by Getzeng50s »

Why are you selling the Nirschl?
tubaman5150
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tubaman5150 »

Why are you selling the Nirschl?
Not trying to bust your chops man, but that's why Kyle posted his email.
Those types of things are best discussed off the board.
No one who tells you what you want to hear at someone else's detriment is acting in your best interest.
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Re: why

Post by Rick Denney »

Getzeng50s wrote:Why are you selling the Nirschl?
Within the context of a potential transaction, the only thing that buyers are entitled to know is that Mr. Turner wan'ts $18,000 for the instrument, and he wants it more than he wants the instrument.

Trying to discover the whys of that amounts to being nosy, it seems to me.

Of course, it is entirely the potential buyer's responsibility to determine if the instrument is worth the price being asked. It is not the seller's responsibility to answer that question.

Rick "wondering what useful information people expect to hear when they ask this question" Denney
Getzeng50s
pro musician
pro musician

wow, simple question gets smart a $ $ remarks

Post by Getzeng50s »

Within the context of a potential transaction, the only thing that buyers are entitled to know is that Mr. Turner wan'ts $18,000 for the instrument, and he wants it more than he wants the instrument.

isnt the seller the one who determines this information?

im still getting used to this site. please dont be too hard on me.
Last edited by Getzeng50s on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Re: wow, simple question gets smart a $ $ remarks

Post by Rick Denney »

Getzeng50s wrote:isnt the seller the one who determines this information?
The seller can choose to disclose whatever he wants, but I said that the buyer is not entitled to more than what is presented. Ask away, but doing so falls into the same category as asking someone why they are selling their car or their house. It's being nosy, and most would consider it rude.

As DP would say, sometimes to make a point you have to be a bit sharp.

Rick "who thinks the number of posts is not relevant" Denney
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Re: wow, simple question gets smart a $ $ remarks

Post by Matt G »

Getzeng50s wrote: and i can now safely assume by looking at his post count that he doesnt visit this site very often... for the very reason im going to stop.
No, I'm sure Mr. Turner visits on occasion. He proabably doesn't take the time to post because he is practicing or just doesn't feel compelled to do so.

The seller only has the obligation to tell the person he is entering a contract with any neccesary problems with the good, and even then, the law is vague, except with cars and real estate.

I think the people that are asking these questions think that there is some world of knowledge that they are hidden from. Maybe that there is some new Wunderhorn out there or that a premier name horn is feces.

Also, some people may be afraid to ask these questions directly to the owner. Even if you are not going to buy a horn you could still ask. You'll probably get the same answer over and over: I don't need this instrument anymore.

-or-

My marginal utility of this item is outweighed by the marginal utility of another asset, namely cash.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165