Martin/Dillon F tuba FOR SALE

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
punktuba
bugler
bugler

Martin/Dillon F tuba FOR SALE

Post by punktuba »

Hello,

I am offering my Martin/Dillon cut F tuba for sale. She is unlaquered, dates from about 1922, has BEAUTIFUL engraving on the bell, also has USN engraved on the bell, Dillon music put on some pretty sweet multicolored valve buttons on her, too. It has 5 vented valves (4+1), and lapped slides. Has a 17" bell, and a pretty large bore. It was once a 4 valve Martin Monster Eb, and has been owned by some famous tuba players. It has a really gorgeous sound and great response. VERY good low register. I have used this thing in EVERY playing situation from band to brass quintet to solo to orchestra.. its very versatile. It comes with a reunion blues gig bag. The horn is in pretty good shape considering its age only having a couple of dings in the bottom bow and a couple in the bell that arent visible.
I am asking $4200 obo. for the tuba and gig bag. If you have any questions please send them my way. I will have pictures about this time next week.

Thank you very much
Andrew P. Welborn
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Martin/Dillon F tuba FOR SALE

Post by Chuck(G) »

Andrew, is this the same horn that Cam Gates played a couple of years ago? I remember it was a Martin with multicolored buttons and that it came from Dillon's.
Frank Ortega
4 valves
4 valves

Martin F tuba

Post by Frank Ortega »

Hi,

Where are you located? I would definitely be interested in checking it out.

Thanks,
Frank
punktuba
bugler
bugler

Post by punktuba »

Yeah, this is the same horn that he played, with the Presidents Own I am assuming. I am located in Cleveland, OH and I will be in Chicago this weekend until tuesday. Thanks for the interest!

Andrew
punktuba
bugler
bugler

Post by punktuba »

MAKE ME AN OFFER!

BUMP 8)