Old Four Valve Cervany F Bass Trombone, Cimbasso-style

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Old Four Valve Cervany F Bass Trombone, Cimbasso-style

Post by Yorkie C »

Trombone brightness and lightness in a smaller than tuba package. Had two of these. Only one left. Played'm in big bands and brass quintets. Used Bach 1G and Mirafone F23 mouthpieces to make it sing. Could use a flush inside & adjusted valve cork to bring it up to spec. Some minor dents. Raw brass. No case. Pix available. $1000.

Tubaczar- The Electric Tuba

tubaczar@hotmail.com
Tubadork
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Tubadork »

Could you post some pix here?
sounds like fun,
Bill Pritchard
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.

Huttl for life
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Post by Yorkie C »

Gosh, Can you post pictures here? I don't think I can. Please E me your addresses to see any pix. Thanks, David

Tubaczar, The Electric Tuba
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

INTONATION?

Post by Yorkie C »

Oh yea, I don't have intonation problems with anything I own.

Tubaczar, The Tuba Electric
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Post by Yorkie C »

Don't have a clue what cows have to do with this. If you want pictures of this instrument, Email me at the address in the top caption- DIRECTLY. Due to software problems, I am unable to post any pictures on this site. Thanks for your understanding.

Tubaczar, The Electric Tuba
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Post by Yorkie C »

[quote="DP"]is this post utter crap? Or do you just not reply to e-mails?[/quote][size=24][/size]
Tubadork
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Tubadork »

ummmm...... how do you hold that thing. Does it sit on your shoulder like a trombone or on the floor like a cimbasso, but if it does go on the floor doesn't the bell point at the floor as well.
maybe I'm on crack or something, it just looks kinda strange from the pix.
8) Bill Pritchard
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.

Huttl for life
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Post by Yorkie C »

Bump!!
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Cimba vs bass bone.....sousaphone vs tuba

Post by Yorkie C »

Yes, that is exactly what it is: a four valve bass trombone pitched in F. I originally bought it for use in situations where the need for 'tuba bulk' color was not appropriate or traditionally/politically correct (I believe these are the reasons for cimbasso popularity). Also, standard bass bone mutes work well, are less expensive to buy or easy to borrow.

Of course, if it is important to the buyer, its shape could easily be altered. Sure is a lot cheaper than any 'F' cimbasso (performing the same function), right?
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

New Lower Price $900.00

Post by Yorkie C »

Bump! (....May we?)

Sorry about the way the pictures look as posted. This instrument looks much better that the images imply. The highlights of the pictures are really washed out.

I've desided to lower my asking price on this beast to $900.00.

Tubaczar, The Tuba Electric
Yorkie C
bugler
bugler

Post by Yorkie C »

This F Bass Trombone has been sold. Thanks everyone!

Ever heard an Electric Tuba?