Conn 10J tuba Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment not on eBay

Moderator: Uber Moderators

Conn 10J tuba

Postby Alex F » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm selling a Conn 10J tuba that I picked up from Lee Stofer two years ago. As most of you know, these were made by Conn from the late 1950s through 1972 or so as 3/4 size student horns. It has three top action valves, an 18" bell, and is about 34" tall. Lee replaced the second valve on this one with a Conn valve salvaged from another horn. The valves are in very decent shape and the slides pull. The bell is good shape slthough it has been straightened a time or two in the horn's lifetime. The lacquer is about 60% there - it is not the most pretty horn around but it's not butt ugly either. This might be a good candidate for lacquer stripping and that bare brass look. There are a few bumps and dings but nothing serious. Overall, a very decent horn that will suit a beginner, adult amateur, dixie player, or anyone else looking fro a smaller, lighter horn. A couple of pros have played it and remarked that it had a very good deep sound for a smaller tuba.

There is no case and no mouthpiece. Pick up preferred but I can ship at buyer's expense. The horn is in Chicago and available for a play test. Please PM me.

I'm asking $750.00 plus cost of shipping if necessary. USA transactions only and no trades please.

I'm selling because the reasons for purchasing this horn no longer exist. I have three other tubas and this one is just not being played.

Thanks for your interest. Please PM or e-mail with any questions.

Pics will go up as soon as I find the cord that connects to my camera's battery charger.
Last edited by Alex F on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Conn 10J tuba

Postby bloke » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 pm

These old top-action 10J tubas and the old front-action Yamaha 103 tubas are both GREAT "work horse" gig tubas.
bloke
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: FS: Conn 10J tuba

Postby Alex F » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Pics:

Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Re: SOLD: Conn 10J tuba

Postby Alex F » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:17 pm

She's found a new home. Thanks all.

Update: May 25, 2011

Well . . . it had a home, but the seller (me) did
not follow up. I've contacted the potential buyer to see if he is still interested.
If he takes a pass, it's his, other wise . . .

BUMP
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Return to For Sale