Conn 10J tuba Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Conn 10J tuba

Postby Alex F » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm selling a Conn 10J tuba that I picked up from Lee Stofer two years ago. As most of you know, these were made by Conn from the late 1950s through 1972 or so as 3/4 size student horns. It has three top action valves, an 18" bell, and is about 34" tall. Lee replaced the second valve on this one with a Conn valve salvaged from another horn. The valves are in very decent shape and the slides pull. The bell is good shape slthough it has been straightened a time or two in the horn's lifetime. The lacquer is about 60% there - it is not the most pretty horn around but it's not butt ugly either. This might be a good candidate for lacquer stripping and that bare brass look. There are a few bumps and dings but nothing serious. Overall, a very decent horn that will suit a beginner, adult amateur, dixie player, or anyone else looking fro a smaller, lighter horn. A couple of pros have played it and remarked that it had a very good deep sound for a smaller tuba.

There is no case and no mouthpiece. Pick up preferred but I can ship at buyer's expense. The horn is in Chicago and available for a play test. Please PM me.

I'm asking $750.00 plus cost of shipping if necessary. USA transactions only and no trades please.

I'm selling because the reasons for purchasing this horn no longer exist. I have three other tubas and this one is just not being played.

Thanks for your interest. Please PM or e-mail with any questions.

Pics will go up as soon as I find the cord that connects to my camera's battery charger.
Last edited by Alex F on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Conn 10J tuba

Postby bloke » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:45 pm

These old top-action 10J tubas and the old front-action Yamaha 103 tubas are both GREAT "work horse" gig tubas.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Re: FS: Conn 10J tuba

Postby Alex F » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Pics:

Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Re: SOLD: Conn 10J tuba

Postby Alex F » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm

She's found a new home. Thanks all.

Update: May 25, 2011

Well . . . it had a home, but the seller (me) did
not follow up. I've contacted the potential buyer to see if he is still interested.
If he takes a pass, it's his, other wise . . .

BUMP
Alex F
4 valves
4 valves

Return to For Sale by Owner