MW2145 CC for sale $4800 w/ bag and PO mouthpiece, in TN

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

MW2145 CC for sale $4800 w/ bag and PO mouthpiece, in TN

Post by MartyNeilan »

UPDATE: I have found that with a medium V-cup mouthpiece, my Cerveny F works more than adequately in quintet applications, so I have decided to definitely try to sell my MW 2145 CC, as it is the "middle child" squeezed betwen the big and the small. I will also INCLUDE an excellent condition gold Parke Ofenloch mouthpiece with the horn. It gives a very clear, centered full sound with clean articulation; it is a good medium to large ensemble mouthpiece for this instrument.

Now that my senior recital is successfully complete, I am able to cover all my playing on my huge Martin and smaller Cerveny, as well as my inferior bass trombone playing that pays more bills than tuba. I am selling my large piston 2145, about 5-6 years old. 4 piston, 1 rotor, more info available at MW's website. It is in excellent playing condition - new valve guides and synthetic felts within the last month. Very open blowing 2145, handpicked by previous owner who was a semifinalist in the NYPhil auditions. 1st valve slide and main slide cut - horn will play up to pitch with even the biggest mouthpieces. 1st and 3rd valves vented (not pretty, but still excellent compression.) Valves are very smooth and fast. Valve tuning slides fast as well, especially 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Horn plays VERY in tune for a 2145, no slide pulling at all necessary if you use a couple alternates fingerings. Very minor dents and lacquer wear, but still looks pretty good and nothing of playing importance. That black stuff is just tennis racket wrap to take pressure off my wrist. I have a Reunion Blues maroon cordura bag included for it - with handles and backpack straps. I am asking $4,800 American dollars plus shipping, but if you can come and pick it up and put cash in my hand I may be a little flexible. I REALLY hate shipping horns. I am located in Cleveland Tennessee, which is near Chattanooga and not too far from Atlanta or Knoxville. May consider equal trade for tuba of significantly greater value :wink:
Last edited by MartyNeilan on Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

--updated--
james
pro musician
pro musician

wanna....

Post by james »

trade? heh
vmi5198
bugler
bugler

Re: MW2145 CC for sale $4800 w/ bag and PO mouthpiece, in TN

Post by vmi5198 »

MartyNeilan wrote:UPDATE: I will also INCLUDE an excellent condition gold Parke Ofenloch mouthpiece with the horn. It gives a very clear, centered full sound with clean articulation; it is a good medium to large ensemble mouthpiece for this instrument.
Would you consider selling this mouthpiece seperately? I have been looking for a Gold Ofenloch for a long time. Please let me know!

Mark.
Last edited by vmi5198 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Preece

BE 983
VMI 5198 Neptune
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

From what I remember, I don't think Parke usually keeps gold tuba mouthpieces in stock, he had to send this one off to his plater for me.
As long as I still have the horn, I will hold onto the PO. It is a great match for the MW piston horns. I use that and the infamous Warburton Neilan for ensemble playing. The PO is a little more cetered and clearer above the staff, the WN has a little fatter sound with more meat in the low register. The horn plays very dark with either.
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University