1931 York Sousaphone For Sale. 750 bore Excellent! *CUSTOM*

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

1931 York Sousaphone For Sale. 750 bore Excellent! *CUSTOM*

Post by Dylan King »

Hello tuba friends.

I have put my 1931 York .750 bore sousaphone up for grabs on ebay. The horn is in excellent condition and was overhauled by Robb Stewart. It has some unique custom elements as well.

Bidding starts at $1500.00 with no reserve. There are detailed pictures and more info on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 52176&rd=1

Good luck bidding!

-DK
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

I had one of these a couple of years ago. Those "water keys' on the bottom of the valves were standard on the Yorks of this era, but I haven't seen any other brand with them. The original "gooseneck" on mine was closer to the valve section and extended further toward the player. It also had the original bits that required the largest shank mouthpiece I had ever seen.

The only downside was that it weighed a ton, but it was one of the best playing sousaphones I have tried. Good luck with it.
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Post by Dylan King »

The leadpipe is custom, and may be short for some players. You are right, the horn plays like a monster, and crushes heads like one too. It is quite a heavy chunk of brass.
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Post by Dylan King »

The bidding has begun...
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Post by Dylan King »

Bump it up, jump boy.
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Post by Dylan King »

Only two hours to go, my tuba loving friends.