Willson Eb Tuba 3400 FA-5 Erickson (in Australia)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
beat
lurker
lurker

Willson Eb Tuba 3400 FA-5 Erickson (in Australia)

Post by beat »

For sale is my silver-plated Willson Eb Tuba 3400 FA-5 Erickson.

It's a front action tuba with 5 valves (4 piston + 1 rotary) and a large bore (18 / 19 / 20.5 mm).
Bell size: 450 mm, height: 940 mm, weight 9.6 kg

It's a fantastic allround Eb tuba designed by the world-famous tuba player Marty Erickson and built by the (also world-famous) Swiss instrument manufacturer Willson in Flums/Switzerland.
It plays extremely well throughout the register and is suitable for solo, chamber, orchestral, ensemble and brass band work (pretty much everything, really).

It is now about 8 (edited) years old and in excellent condition

More photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36784245@N ... 205478466/

The tuba is in Sydney/Australia.
AUD 10,000 - offers considered
(includes case and gig bag)

Edited:
I haven't been on Tubenet for a long time. I have been playing my tuba on an off, but hardly play anymore. Initially I was thinking of selling the tuba to buy a different model, but just kept playing it.
But now it might be time for it to go to a better home where it's used more regularly. And with the AUS dollar now a lot weaker it might be a very good buy for someone in the US
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by beat on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
beat
lurker
lurker

Re: Willson Eb Tuba 3400 FA-5 Erickson

Post by beat »

Thanks for clearing that up (AUD that is, yes it's Australian $).

Shipping might be the "killer". The weight of the tuba including hard-case is approx 25kg.
Nowadays it might actually be easier and cheaper to fly to Sydney and take it home if you're from outside Australia.
But by all means, I'm happy to have it shipped if it's organised by the buyer. But I would recommend to view and play the tuba anyway before you commit to buy (not that there's anything wrong with the tuba - it's in excellent condition).
Or maybe you have a tuba colleague in Australia who can independently verify the condition of the tuba.
termite
bugler
bugler

Re: Willson Eb Tuba 3400 FA-5 Erickson (in Australia)

Post by termite »

Someone told me recently that it's cheaper to ship a tuba from Australia to the US than the other way around.
I wouldn't fly over and take it back as luggage. A tuba case is a good shape for falling off conveyor belts and baggage handlers WILL pick up and throw anything that can be lifted by one man.

I paid roughly $1600.00 shipping and $400.00 insurance to have a tuba shipped from the US to Australia. I used a small firm that do international removals - that is they move peoples house contents internationally including dining tables, pianos etc. My tuba came in a huge wooden box that could only be moved with a forklift.

Regards

Gerard
beat
lurker
lurker

Post by beat »

Bump...

Tuba is still for sale (I know there's not a huge market for tubas in Australia - so it might take a while to sell).
Reasonable offers are considered.
Michael Grant
bugler
bugler

Post by Michael Grant »

If these are going for $10,600 U.S. then I think it's time I sell mine! Any offers of $10,600 (U.S. currency) for my Willson 3400S would not be declined.*

* Shipping and handling fees will apply.
Michael Grant
Wessex HB24 BBb Helicon
King 2341
Petra
lurker
lurker

Post by Petra »

Hi there,

just wanted to know if the tuba is still available and how much the price will be?
do you also know how much it would cost to send to austria/europe?

thanks for your information!
regards
Petra
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Jose the tuba player »

Petra wrote:Hi there,

just wanted to know if the tuba is still available and how much the price will be?
do you also know how much it would cost to send to austria/europe?

thanks for your information!
regards
Petra
Firstly Welcome to the forum
Secondly this post is from Fri Jul 15, 2011 and the seller last logged on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 pm so i doubt its for still for sale
WTB OLDS SOUSAPHONE WITH 20 INCH BELL
beat
lurker
lurker

Post by beat »

Tuba is still for sale (or for sale again - depending which way you look at it). See my added comments in the orginal post.
cambrook
pro musician
pro musician

Post by cambrook »

Beat - if you really want to sell this horn do yourself a favour and let everyone in your largest potential market (the USA) know how much it would cost them in their own currency.

A$9000 = US$6627 at today's rate, and you could look up a service like Jetta and enter the dimensions/weight etc of the tuba in it's case. You might be surprised how economical it is to ship the tuba to an airport in the USA.

https://www.jettaexcessbaggage.com.au/quick_quote.php

Good luck with the sale
Ken38
lurker
lurker

Post by Ken38 »

PM sent
Willson 3400FA-5S
B&S 3100
B&S PT-6PS