BBb Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubaman485
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubaman485 »

The King 2341 horns are a solid BBb horn, and I think someone posted last week who was selling it within your range.

Josh
Tubaman485
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubaman485 »

mgtuba is selling a silver King 2341 for 3700
crbarnes
bugler
bugler

Couple of things

Post by crbarnes »

1. My 1291 does not have a big issue with leaking from the bottom of the valves. One thing I don't like is that you have to pull slides to empty it. The one spit valve rarely has anything in it but the first and 5th valve slides seem to always collect great quantities.
2. It is one of the best, no question.
3. After a LOT of experimentation, I agree that the Laskey 30G sounds great on this horn. I assume the other Geib cup MPs would as well, although the Laskey 30G does sound better than the Curry Geibs
4. Very versatile horn and I play it in Wind Symphony, Orchestra, Brass Band and a tuba quartet and brass quintet. It works well in all. It is not a BAT so there are better horns for the Ride or some other huge piece but nontheless, it would work. It does resonate well. I prefer the 5 valve model. Intonation is VERY good.