Horn Looking for a Home

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Chuck Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Horn Looking for a Home

Post by Chuck Jackson »

Good morning, I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas or respective holiday celebrations. After 28 years of playing, my school, conducting, and radio obligations have overshadowed my desire to play the tuba. I am looking for a good home for my Yamaha 641 BBb. I thought I would post hear before going to that other site. It is a good one, plays in tune, has one dent and a few scratches, comes with a Reunion Blues Gig Bag, hard case, and a Humes and Berg Practice mute. If anyone has a small BBb (Conn 5J or something equivalent) in the same shape, I will definitely consider a trade. I would like to have a small horn in the corner of my office to toot on now and then. I am asking $3500.00 or any REASONABLE offer. To those of you who have purchased any of my vast array of horns, I want to thank you. I was able to purchase a very nice mid 20th century German Cello that gets my attention much more than the tuba does. Please reply to chuck@classical897.org for the next week or so as my computer is being wiped and reconfigured. This is a great horn that has been played in every possible musical situation. Happy New Year.

Chuck
I drank WHAT?!!-Socrates
ArnoldGottlieb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ArnoldGottlieb »

Hey,
I just want to post that I bought Chuck's awesome King sousaphone. He's a great seller, a stand up guy from the beginning to the end of a transaction. It's an incredible horn exactly as he described it. My own back issues may force me to sell it, but Chuck told me about that also. Peace. ASG
ArnoldGottlieb
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ArnoldGottlieb »

Oh yeah. Good luck with the Cello. I'm getting one too for some back relief from the bass. Is there a Cellonet? ASG
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Horn looking for a home

Post by TubaRay »

Well, Chuck, it is disappointing to hear that other obligations have overshadowed your desire to play tuba. Believe me, I understand how other obligations get in the way sometime. Best wishes to you, anyway.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.