Schmidt\ VMI 3301 for sale. Need to sell quick!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Schmidt\ VMI 3301 for sale. Need to sell quick!

Post by Davidrn1 »

Hi, because of a car accident on the 7th of December, I have to sell my horn. I have to sell because I am unable to play and unable to work. I have 2 herniated disks in my cervical spine which make working as an ICU RN impossible. I am looking at surgery in a month.
Right now, paying bills and providing for my family are the most important things. I can no longer justify the tuba when my mortage is due.

The horn is a Silver 3301 that I bought from Brook Mays in June. It has a few scratches on it that were there when I bought it and most likely could be buffed out. It also has a hard case with the wheels. I paid 4k for the horn. I will let it go for 3500 o.b.o.

I still say that this is one of the best Bb horns I have played on. I have played on a ton including the new 2341 King.

Please help out a fellow tubist in dire need!!!!

I will consider delivery almost anywhere. I live near Cleveland, Ohio

Pictures are available by your request to your e-mail.

Thank you very much.
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

FWIW, I have found the 4 valve 3301s to generally be better playing horns than the 5 valve 3302s. If someone is looking for a good playing BBb this seems like a very reasonable choice.
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Back to the top.

Please consider this horn!

The bills are continuing to mount.

Thanks to those that have, and will, express interest.
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Thanks for the info DOC!
r smith
bugler
bugler

Post by r smith »

Hi Sorry to hear of your injury. Do you have any pictures of your Tuba & how much it weighs? I have a Dixieland Band and all our performances are standing. I am 67 years old and don't need a horn that will break my back. I am presently playing a Yamaha YBB 103 and was looking for a Yamaha YBB621. Do you know how your horn plays compared to the 621? What bore is your horn? I live in Vancouver Canada. My web site is http://www.sixuvus.com
Cheers
Ron
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Back to the top.

Thank you for your inquries.

Still very much for sale
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

I stopped by David's house and played his tuba. 1st of all .... the horn looks great! Played it for about 20 min and it has a nice full dark sound, easy blowing, and well in tune (better than mine). Gotta be real nice to the wife for her to let me go for this one .... wish me luck :wink:
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

R. Smith.... Did you get the pics that I sent to you? I replied through your web site. I have not heard from you and want to make sure that they got there.

Ryan.... Thanks for coming by and giving the horn a blow. Thanks also for the post. We will have to keep in touch. It was very nice to meet you. If you need help with the wife, let me know what I can do LOL!

Thanks again.
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Still looking for a buyer.

Please consider this great horn!
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Bump

May be at Army convention this month in DC with Lee Stofer.
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

Davidrn1 wrote:Bump

May be at Army convention this month in DC with Lee Stofer.
If so, tell Lee to point it out to me. I'm bringing a potential buyer to the conference. He's looking for a new-looking piston front-action tuba to replace his slightly battered (but rather wonderful otherwise) old King 1241. He liked my York Master better than the Miraphone (or his King), but he didn't like the amount of air that the Holton wanted. The 3301 might be a good choice for him. I'll make sure he sees it, if it's still available when we get there.

In the meantime, if you have pictures, send them to me, and I'll prime the well. rwd@iteris.com.

Rick "who'll be praying" Denney
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Rick Denney wrote: I'll make sure he sees it, if it's still available when we get there.
If, for whatever reason, your prospective buyer doesn't find Davidrn1's 3301, look for a 4-piston BBb at Custom Music's booth (PT-2, I think) to playtest in its place. They've had one for the past few years, and it's the exact same thing as the 3301 -- plays identically and everything.

He can trust that Davidrn1's horn plays the same, and if he likes the one at Custom's booth, he should find some way to contact Davidrn1 and take the 3301 off of his hands.

Hopefully, I'll be there too with my 3302.

(it rhymes!)
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

David, I have tried to send you several emails through a range of mail servers to get around the spam filter either you or your ISP is using. All attempts have been unsuccessful. We need to talk, so could you please send me an email with your phone number?

Rick "finding the door closed and locked" Denney
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Sold! Thank you very much Rick Denny.
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Yay! :D

It's about time this horn got sold...
r smith
bugler
bugler

Post by r smith »

I am glad you sold your Tuba. If I had been closer I would have liked to try it. Hope you are able to play again soon.
Ron.