Edit: thanks!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

LV... what's the bore of this horn? I have a Conn that looks identical to this horn but it only has an 18" bell. Serial number 191500.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

I actually owned one of these horns for a couple of years - high school through college freshman. I bought it from a retired band director for a reasonable price. The horn was in decent shape (nothing like LV's), except the valve plating was worn. It was good for playing in any kind of stroling or standing brass ensemble or Dixieland kind of stuff, and I think I did the Mahler 1 solo on it once. Christmastime, I would wrap it in gold garland - very pretty complement to the silver plate. I even once played it on the steps of St Patrick's Cathedral in NY with a few friends to pick up extra cash. I sold it to a Canadian fellow who was an Eb fan, and he had a fourth valve added to it (brass, kinda ruined the pretty silver look.) Since the other valves were worn, I think he still had some low register issues with it.
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

P.S. Mine had the 20 inch bell as well, and I think the bore was in the high 6's - .689 maybe?