Looking to Buy

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Adam C.
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Adam C. »

While an Eb tuba would probably improve clarity above the staff, it would make the low register (the register you will spend more time on in a band setting) more difficult.

What model tuba are you playing now? What mouthpiece? Are you thinking about becoming a music teacher or performer when you get older?

Things to think about.
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Try an Rudy Meinl HB2 mouthpeice. You can get it from Lee Stofer. He is a super guy!

http://tubameister.com/

The RM has a pretty small cup. And seems to sound good on the VMI horns

If you are using a MPC that is too large for your embrischure, pardon the spelling its 230 in the morning, It will make the higher register more difficult to hit.

I also recommend a Bach 18 or something that is close to it.

The best way to train your lip is to do arpegio type execises skipping more notes as your lip becomes stronger. There are a lot of books out there to help you. If you can;t find one for tuba, by a trumpet book and transpose.

When my chops are in shape, I can go 5 octaves on a Bb scale starting at the pedal Bb And, hit any note in the range at will.

I remember that I used to have trouble in my middle school years getting above that note. Maybe something to do with some peoples faces at that age. Hope this helps

Oh, I also do not recommend going to an Eb horn. MOre time and the right practice WILL fix this for you.
Chen
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Chen »

I have a silver Besson 981 Eb Tuba with case that I am considering selling. PM me know if anyone is interested. They are $6,200 new I'm asking $5,300.