WTB: BBb front valve

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
edgarb
lurker
lurker

WTB: BBb front valve

Post by edgarb »

I am a returning player have not played in years. I am looking for a good horn to get my lip back in shape. $1500 to $2500 range. I would like to buy in Florida or south Ga. I am now in a shipping Hassle with a tuba that I got from ebay. Came to me All banged up!
Paul S
3 valves
3 valves

Welcome back

Post by Paul S »

Welcome back to playing Edgar!

I am sorry to hear about your bad exeprience with the damaged horn but I hope things work through smoothly for you and that you will be enjoying playing again quickly.

I actually have a nice Yamaha YBB641 (http://www.angus1.com/tuba/rach19.jpg) that I am getting ready to part with. While not perfect, it has worked well very well for puttering around with when a BBb was a better choice than my F. Unfortuneatly I am at the other end of I-75 from you.

I am, however, very sure that you will be able to find a perfect match for yourself from the great guys here.

Best of Luck and Welcome back to the tuba!
Paul Sidey, CCM '84
Principal Tubist, Grand Lake Symphony
B&S PT-606 CC - Yamaha YFB-621 F
SSH Mouthpieces http://sshmouthpieces.com/" target="_blank
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Re: WTB: BBb front valve

Post by Rick Denney »

edgarb wrote:I am a returning player have not played in years. I am looking for a good horn to get my lip back in shape. $1500 to $2500 range. I would like to buy in Florida or south Ga. I am now in a shipping Hassle with a tuba that I got from ebay. Came to me All banged up!
Please take a look at the King 1241 that I've listed. No pictures yet. If you can find someone within striking distance from you who is attending the Army conference, they can possibly tote it back for you, avoiding the shipping.

Rick "thinking this an ideal tuba for your requirements" Denney