Nice old King 1241

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Nice old King 1241

Post by Rick Denney »

Some have said that the 1241 of earlier times was made with a carefully matched bell and a lot of attention to assembly to make a resonant, responsive tuba. This instrument demonstrates this, in my opinion. It's the best old-style King I've ever played.

My wife's uncle bought David's 3301, so now he would like to sell this 1241. He bought it from Dave Fedderly several years ago, and it was THE deal in the store at the time. It's appearance still shows the age of the instrument, but it's a heck of a lot shinier than it was at Baltimore Brass.

Both upright and forward bells are included. No case.

$1600 plus shipping (shipping will require three boxes).

I will bring it to the Army Conference, and anyone who buys it there can take it with them and avoid shipping costs.

Rick "no pictures yet--instrument not yet in my hands" Denney
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Bump for Rick.

How is David liking the horn Rick?
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

Davidrn1 wrote:Bump for Rick.

How is David liking the horn Rick?
He's liking it a lot. He took it to rehearsal yesterday and played it for about two hours, drawing favorable comments from his buddies. But he's glad he doesn't have to carry that case up and down stairs, heh, heh.

Rick "who heard all about it last night" Denney
Davidrn1
bugler
bugler

Post by Davidrn1 »

Yep, that case can be one heavy bugger!

Glad he likes it. Good sale
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Post by Rick Denney »

The instrument is sold. Thanks for all the responses.

Rick "underestimating the interest" Denney