WTB: 1291 CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Billy M. »

Even with some wear, the fact is a used one won't have much difference in price than a new one because of the youth of this horn model. It's only about a year old and from what I hear about 'em, people who buy 'em aren't likely to sell 'em off in such a short time.

Best of luck in your search though.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
Rick Denney
Resident Genius

Re: WTB: 1291 CC

Post by Rick Denney »

codytuba wrote:Is there anyone out there looking to sell a 1291 CC? Everything seems to read "5/4", but it sure looks like a 4/4 to me. Does anyone know for sure? I'm looking to buy NOW!?!?!? What are the chances of me getting to pick one up at the TMEA convention for less than sticker price? How much less? I think they are going for about $6-6,5 right?
The Brasswind had one left at their booth at the Army Conference, but I don't know if iit was already sold. There were no others for sale, and certainly no BBb versions for me to try.

I spent a little time with the C. I would call it a 5/4 in the Meinl-Weston 2155 sense, definitely not in the Rudy Meinl sense (I tried one of those, too--awesome instrument brought by Lee Stofer).

Considering my marginal skills, I consider myself a pretty good test of playability. If it goes where I point it, it has good playability. Someone better than me may not notice those issues that are important to me, and may receive other benefits I unable to uncover. That said, the 1291 was for me not terribly playable, especially from the middle of the staff and up. I was using a Laskey 30H, in case someone wants to tell me my mouthpiece choice was wrong (which it might be, but the Laskey seems to me the sort of mouthpiece that ought to be functional on any instrument). I had the same impression from the BBb 191. I know that much better players rave about these instruments, but I just can't seem to manage them.

Now, the B&S PT-606--THAT was one playable tuba.

Rick "who needs all the help he can get" Denney