Looking for tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Captain Sousie
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Captain Sousie »

Baltimore Brass has a Huttl and a Sanders that match the specs.

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/index.php?cat=5#used

Good luck
I am not Mr. Holland, and you are not my opus!
Captain Sousie
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Captain Sousie »

There's a yammie @ Bass Cleff Brass

http://63.126.125.94/cgi-bin/classified ... =headlines
LukesBulldogface
bugler
bugler

Hi I have a 641 I just put it on the market.

Post by LukesBulldogface »

Hey how's it going. I putting my Yamaha 641 on the market. I'm asking between 3500-3000. It's been taken care of, with the exception of a few minor dents and scratches. I've used it in Concert band and currently in Brass quintet. So if you're interested email or call me. dmbtuba_82@yahoo.com or 402-643-8563. I'm in Nebraska where are you?
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

The Huttl at Baltimore Brass is not a "player". These were the exact words that were told to me by Dave Fedderly, the owner. I picked the horn up later and played it and he was right. Call Dave and ask him what he has that's good....he wont steer you wrong. I played the both Sanders and they sound good :wink:
Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
Captain Sousie
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Captain Sousie »

It depends on the era that it was made. If it is a modern sanders, it is probably terrible but if it is older, it might be great. I would e-mail Dave and ask him if it is any good, how old it is, and where it was made. If it was made '90's or later, run like hell. Finally, try before you buy. Any company has some terrible horns floating around. Try to play-test them with your teacher there, that is the best I can do.

Sousie
Paul S
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Paul S »

Hello fif4evr,

I have an older Yamaha YBB-641 that I am offering for sale as well. I am asking $2600 plus shipping. It is an older horn than Luke's and perhaps does have a few more dings here and there, as well as scratches on the back from suit and tuxedo buttons and a small dent on the bottom bow. It plays well and still looks very attractive even from within a few feet and the original Yamaha hard case is sound and in nice condtion as well.

I am located in Ohio if distance matters as the length of the horn in its hardcase (it is longer than many) does affect shipping costs. I would prefer to meet a buyer for delivery or use Greyhound instead of truck if possible.

It will shine up well. This photo is from 2004

I have more photos at: http://www.angus1.com/tuba/641.htm and can send some closer photos of the bottom bow dent and the scratches than are visable there if you are interested. It is time for its yearly chem clean so that would also be something I would have done by an area tech before selling.
Paul Sidey, CCM '84
Principal Tubist, Grand Lake Symphony
B&S PT-606 CC - Yamaha YFB-621 F
SSH Mouthpieces http://sshmouthpieces.com/" target="_blank