MW rotary bariton

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

MW rotary bariton

Post by MaryAnn »

I have one of these in quite good condition. I don't know the age; it does have some very small red spots on the leadpipe that don't seem to be getting any worse. (I don't have acidic saliva or sweat.)

It looks just like a MW 182 F tuba except it is euphonium-sized. Four rotors; the low range is stuffy just like a rotary F tuba. The sound of course depends on you and your mouthpiece; I can't quite describe it....it is euphonium-like, but not "just like" a euphonium sound; a little lighter maybe.

Would there be any interest in this here? Also, does anyone have a clue what this instrument would be worth (a "reasonable" price?)

MA, who has found she is not a euphonium player despite the foray into Bydlo.
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Could you send some pics.

Post by MackBrass »

I may be interested in the horn if you are interested in selling it.

Thanks,

Tom
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Thanks for the responses and PEMs. I still don't know what this should be worth.
BTW I'll be on a ski trip Thurs-Mon and won't be able to access the BBS.

MA, who is planning to set a couple of land speed records in Colorado in the next few days.