FS: Willson 2900 TA Euphonium

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Band_Gram
lurker
lurker

FS: Willson 2900 TA Euphonium

Post by Band_Gram »

Revised my original post because I got new information about the horn - I was calling it the wrong model. An important distinction! I am selling a used Willson 2900 TA silverplated euphonium. Serial number 14096. Manufactured in mid 2002. Purchased in 2004 for my then college student. Health problems got in the way of her plans and she hasn't played the horn since 2005. The horn is structurally in excellent condition. There are minor, surface scratches but nothing which would impact sound or performance to my knowledge.

Asking $4,950 plus the cost of shipping via your choice of insured UPS or FedEx Ground from Little Rock, Arkansas. Price includes the hard case plus a softside gig bag and a Denis Wick gold-plated mouthpiece. The mouthpiece has a small flaw in the plating which does not affect the use. Reasonable offers will be considered. I will accept payment in the form of a cashier's check or money order. I can also accept a credit card payment by phone. When your payment clears my bank, I will ship the horn. If you purchase without advance inspection and are not satisfied, I will refund the price paid upon return of the horn in the same condition with all accessories. Buyer will be responsible for the return shipping costs.
See photos here: http://www.dropshots.com/Band_Gram" target="_blank"
danjeffries96
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Willson 2900 TA Euphonium

Post by danjeffries96 »

Is this horn a 2900 or a 2950? Your post says 2900, but your pictures say 2950
Band_Gram
lurker
lurker

Re: Willson 2900 TA Euphonium

Post by Band_Gram »

I purchased what I was told was a used Willson 2950S back in 2004. I used the information provided by the seller when I posted the horn for sale here. I contacted the Willson company with the serial number from the horn hoping to confirm the manufacturing date. They responded that the serial number is tied to a 2900 TA model - NOT a 2950S as I originally believed I owned. I blame my own own impatience for the error.

I'm sorry for the confusion and appreciate you pointing out that I didn't correct the information on the photo link. If I had the ability to delete the post all together I would remove it because of the incorrect information. I'm not trying to con anyone and at this point don't intend to sell the horn until I can confirm exactly what I have.
horsielion
lurker
lurker

Post by horsielion »

PM sent
euphonium_hero
lurker
lurker

Post by euphonium_hero »

Is this horn still for sale?