The Great Big Book of Tuba Excerpts is back!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ace1719
bugler
bugler

The Great Big Book of Tuba Excerpts is back!

Post by ace1719 »

Hello fellow tubist brethren I come bearing good tidings - The Great Big Book of Tuba Excerpts is back!

Kind of...

I have decided to pursue further education in an unrelated field. I am looking to sell the rights to The Great Big Book of Tuba Excerpts. For now, I will continue selling them until an interested buyer comes along. I also have a mountain of tuba equipment that I want to...get rid of. Below you can find more information about The Great Big Book of Tuba Excerpts, and a list of equipment I'm looking to sell. The list is by no means exhaustive, mind you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions;

Mouthpieces: PT-50, PT-80, PT-88+, Schillke Helleberg II and a gold plated Schillke 69C4.
Walt Johnson flight case for a Hirsbrunner CC tuba.
A mountain of music. I have at least one box of tuba study books and solos. All are original, and most are never opened. There are 98 study books, about a third of which are beginner books, and the rest of which are for more advanced players. There's probably $1000 of music here. I'd much rather sell it as one big bunch, than split it up.

Here's my old ad for GBBOTE

This is a four volume set of tuba excerpts that I have compiled. The volumes divided alphabetically by composer. In total, this set is 1500 pages long, contains over 280 different excerpts by 57 different composers and has been optimized to facilitate page turns. All four volumes are printed on letter size paper and comb bound. The pages are numbered and there is a table of contents at the front of each book to ensure that you can find what you are looking for. All tuba parts, including tenor tuba, are included where applicable. There is pretty much everything (under public domain) that you could ever need here.

All parts are the complete orchestral part and not a reduction. This is not a rip-off of the Gordon Cherry CD, as you will note there are far more excerpts in this set than on that CD and my set is much cleaner than that CD.

Unfortunately I am not releasing a digital version, though I can send a sample pdf of one excerpt if you wish.

The whole set is $135USD + shipping and I will ship anywhere in the world. Shipping to the US is about $20-$25 (depending on state) and shipping to Canada is about $10-$15 (again, depending on province).

Paypal is the easiest method of payment, however I do accept money orders or certified cheques. If you are interested or have any questions, send me a reply and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. You can also purchase the set from my website, http://www.tubamusik.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank.

To view the contents of the set, you can visit; http://www.tubamusik.com/contents/content1.pdf" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by ace1719 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tubabrandon
bugler
bugler

Re: The Great Big Book of Tuba Excerpts is back!

Post by tubabrandon »

I would be interested to see the quality of these volumes from a physical standpoint. Do you have a video review/set of pictures that can give prospective buyers an idea of the size/practicality? I also would like to see the quality of some of the printings themselves. Thanks!
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

They are printed on 8.5 x 11 paper, and coil bound. The whole set weighs about 4 kg (8 lbs), and is divided into four volumes. The print quality is very, very good and without any markings. I've sold over 100 copies so far, gotten great reviews and never had a complaint. I'll try and upload a pic.

I'm sorry about the quality of the pics, I'm not a great photographer, but it should give you a good idea. I randomly opened a page for the shot of the score, if you're interested, it was Berlioz's Romeo and Juliette.
tubabrandon
bugler
bugler

Post by tubabrandon »

Most excellent. Thanks!
Ashton
lurker
lurker

Post by Ashton »

How much are selling the solos and method books for?
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

ace1719 wrote:Mouthpieces (I'll update this with more details later).
Is it "later" yet? :)
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bort wrote:
ace1719 wrote:Mouthpieces (I'll update this with more details later).
Is it "later" yet? :)
For mouthpieces i have;

PT-50
PT-88+
PT-80
Schillke Helliberg II
Gold plated Schillke 69C4
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Hi,
Do you have the ability also to make it for bass trombone and/or trombone 3? If yes, I would like to purchase it.
Regards,
MD
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

MDORVAL wrote:Hi,
Do you have the ability also to make it for bass trombone and/or trombone 3? If yes, I would like to purchase it.
Regards,
MD
If you're referring to the GBBOTE, then I do have a trombone version too. You can find it on my website, http://www.tubamusik.com" target="_blank. Thanks,
MackBrass
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Post by MackBrass »

Just bought one, thanks
Tom McGrady
MACK Brass of Virginia LLC
Email: Sales@mackbrass.com" target="_blank
http://www.mackbrass.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
804-926-7707
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
Tuba Tommy
lurker
lurker

Post by Tuba Tommy »

Hi!
This I have been looking for a couple PT mouthpieces lately, do you still have the PT 50, 88, or 88+ by any chance??
Miraphone 291 Bruckner
Yamaha 621
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

Tuba Tommy wrote:Hi!
This I have been looking for a couple PT mouthpieces lately, do you still have the PT 50, 88, or 88+ by any chance??
I still have all of those.
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump
ace1719
bugler
bugler

Post by ace1719 »

bump