FS: *NEW PRICE* Hirsbrunner/Yorkbrunner Model **SOLD**

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

FS: *NEW PRICE* Hirsbrunner/Yorkbrunner Model **SOLD**

Post by MDORVAL »

Tuba Just coming from Ultrasonic cleaning from Thomas Music (Rochester, NY)
Tuba also know as the Yorkbrunner HB-50/HBS-510
This is just to clarify the model of the instrument and at the suggestion of a professional in Brass instruments.
Folks,
I have decided to put for sale my Yorkbrunner (HB-50) and here are the details about it:
Ownership: I'm the only owner and purchased the horn brand new in 2007 from Custom Music
Condition: look like almost new, Silver is at 99% with only some scratches and a minor bump on the bottom bow
Specifications:
Bell: 20" (500 mm)
Bore: 0.748"/0.787"/0.905" (19/20/23 mm)
Height: 36" (900 mm)
Model: HBS-510 (HB-50) Grand Orchestra
Hard Case included and brand new condition

I won't ship the tuba for a testing period but I'm open for you to come at my house and try it if you are a serious potential buyer.
I'm not interested in a trade except if you have a Rudolph Meinl 5/4 CC Tuba in Silver (Rotary valves) which is maximum 5 years old.
I will listen to any serious offer.

The reason I put it for sale is I want to switch and play with a rotary valves instrument. The RM is the only big BAT CC tuba with rotary valves that still being manufactured.

It is easier to reach me via email: micheldorval1966@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank.
Mike
IMG_20140907_124052799.jpg
Last edited by MDORVAL on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Will Hammer
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Yorkbrunner (HB-50) Silver $ 16,800

Post by Will Hammer »

I'm not saying I have one, but have you ever considered the B&S MRP-C tuba??? It's a rather large rotor CC tuba that is pretty new on the market. I've played a couple and liked them a lot. Happy selling! I wish I could afford/find a use for that horn.
B&S PT-6P
Miraphone 181 rose brass 6 valve
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

I've heard from a reliable source that this model, and also the F PT-18p aren't selling well and they seemed not being better than the PT-6 (for the CC), at least.
Rudolf Meinl are those types of horn that you can't miss it. The only thing is that you are paying for it (but it's worth it).
MD
chhite

Post by chhite »

Where is the horn located?
Last edited by chhite on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Billy M. »

Horn Guys does sell the Alex 164.

May be worth looking into if you want that unique sound.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Horn is located in Rochester, NY.
Not interested in Alexander horns for now.
MD
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Bump for this great 6/4 BAT Tuba.
Many people interested for buying it but is still for sale.
Any reasonable offer won't be denied.
And again, if someone has a Rudolf Meinl 5/4 CC tuba (preferable in silver) and less than 5 years old, I might be interested in a trade.
Thanks again for all people interested in the horn.
MD
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Horn still for sale. A couple of people interested but all have to sell their tuba prior to buy it. Again, any good offer won't be rejected.
MD
Untersatz
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Untersatz »

MDORVAL wrote:Horn still for sale. A couple of people interested but all have to sell their tuba prior to buy it
Geeezz.........I'd have to sell my car to afford this!!! :shock:
King 2341 (New Style)
B&S PT-600 (GR55) BBb
Blokepiece "Symphony"
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Horn still for sale. I had many inquiries as to know if the horn was still for sale. I'm open again for any serious offer. The horn just had a cleaning last week. It is really one of those tubas with an excellent big sound. I'm open to cover some of the freight cost if someone is serious in willing to purchase the tuba. The tuba will need to be shipped UPS or FedEx Freight because it will have to go on a pallet because of the overall total weight (155 lbs), which include the instrument, case, heavy duty box, bubble wrap, straps & pallet. I won't ship with Greyhound or Amtrak as you can't put a declared value over a $ 1,000, unless the buyer ok with it. Shipping this tuba with no insurance is too risky.
MD
hockeyched
bugler
bugler

Post by hockeyched »

There's always the neptune if you're looking for a BAT with rotors. RMs are great horns but they are hard to find used. I have played the MRP Cc tuba and IMO and that of others I have talked to, they are great! The one I played at ITEC was fantastic and I know of at least one person who owns one that has advanced at a couple recent auditions. Good luck with the sale and finding the next axe!
-Josh Davis
Ball State University DA in progress.
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

I had received many offer for different tubas for a trade and wanted to reiterate that I'm only interested in a trade with a Rudolph Meinl Silver CC rotary 5/4 which would be about 5-6 years old (about) maximum.
Thanks anyway to all for your offers,
TUBA STILL FOR SALE

MD
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

BUMP for a great tuba which is only 7 years old, from original owner and sold in the original Swiss hard case! Great deal for one of the best BAT CC 6/4 piston tuba in the market.
MD
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Yorkbrunner (HB-50) Silver PRICE REDUCED $16,000

Post by MDORVAL »

BUMP FOR A PRICE REDUCTION. SHIPPING AT BUYER'S EXPENSE.
MD
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

BUMP again for this Yorkbrunner!
SALE INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL SWISS HARD CASE IN BRAND NEW CONDITION!
MD
guillaumedu
bugler
bugler

Post by guillaumedu »

Si j'avais les moyens il resterait au Québec ce tuba la :P
Freelancer
Tuba and Euphonium teacher at cégep ste-foy
Euphonium teacher at université Laval.

Rudolf meinl 5/4 CC
miraphone Firebird
MWN-7 handmade Nirschl
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Salut,
Es-tu interesse pour un trade?
Je cherche a faire l'acquisition pour un Rudolf Meinl 5/4 CC (rotary) qui est pas trop vieux et en argent si possible?
Quel annee ton RM?
MD
guillaumedu
bugler
bugler

Post by guillaumedu »

Malheureusement non, mon Rudy n'est pas en argent et doit avoir 25 ans peut-être plus. Je l'aime vraiment. J.en ai essayé quelques uns, je n'ai jamais retrouvé le même sons. Même si l'échange serait possible je devrait trouve 10 000$ de plus pour avoir la même valeur.
Bonne chance
Freelancer
Tuba and Euphonium teacher at cégep ste-foy
Euphonium teacher at université Laval.

Rudolf meinl 5/4 CC
miraphone Firebird
MWN-7 handmade Nirschl
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Folks,
I had many inquiries but tuba is still for sale. Again the sale include the instrument and the Swiss Hard Case which is a great deal. Horn will be only 8 years old in April!!!!
MD
MDORVAL
bugler
bugler

Post by MDORVAL »

Tuba is still for sale! Got some offers but nothing concrete as of yet. This is a FANTASTIC tuba which was played by some professionals and all agreed that this was great horn. Again, I'm selling the tuba because I want to go to a rotary CC 5/4 tuba (Rudolf Meinl) which I will purchase once I sell my Yorkbrunner.
MD