"Conn" F tuba at Baltimore Brass

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

"Conn" F tuba at Baltimore Brass

Post by Tubajug »

Does anyone know anything about the "Conn" F tuba for sale at Baltimore Brass? Did anyone here make it? The description says it a Conn bell and valve section with a dependent 5th valve. As someone who might someday build my own F tuba for kicks, I'd be interested to know if anyone has more information about this horn. Very interesting!

Baltimore Brass
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Re: "Conn" F tuba at Baltimore Brass

Post by MartyNeilan »

The F tuba at BB looks a lot like the Lyon & Healy Eb with Conn .656 4 piston valve section I am "building" but theirs has more bell flare pancake.
I probably put a solid 4-5 hours on that project. Per year.
So that is my guess on the valveset - Conn 12J with a different 4th valve wrap.
masonacoats
lurker
lurker

Post by masonacoats »

Thread resurrection! I've been looking for a while now for a 4+valve F tuba under 2k. Does anybody know who made it or how it plays?
DWEldred92
bugler
bugler

Post by DWEldred92 »

It plays really out of tune. I just bought a mw 45slp from BB (I live 10 minutes away from the store) anyways that was one of the tubas I was looking at getting but decided against it. I was even warned by a guy there not to buy it. Which is why I love BB they want the best for you.
Meinl Weston 2145
Meinl Weston 45SLP
masonacoats
lurker
lurker

Post by masonacoats »

Damn. I was kind of expecting that answer but Wanted to make sure. Thanks a bunch!