Used contras for sale?

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Hank74
3 valves
3 valves

Used contras for sale?

Post by Hank74 »

I've been thinking about adding a used contra tuba from drum corps to my collection, just to see what it's like to play it. I'd be looking for the big one in the G key.

Leland, contra-dude, anyone else in drum corps, do you have any suggestions? Send me either a PM or e-mail.

Hank74
Gorilla Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Gorilla Tuba »

Troopers were selling K90s last year.
A. Douglas Whitten
Associate Director of Bands
Assoc. Professor of Tuba & Euphonium
Pittsburg State University
ThomasDodd
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Used contras for sale?

Post by ThomasDodd »

Hank74 wrote:I've been thinking about adding a used contra tuba from drum corps to my collection, just to see what it's like to play it. I'd be looking for the big one in the G key.

Leland, contra-dude, anyone else in drum corps, do you have any suggestions? Send me either a PM or e-mail.

Hank74
I know someone with a K-90 for $750 in Mississippi. Shipping will be a lot though, as that's heavy horn, but one of, if not the best ever built.

Wade could add more...
Bandmaster
4 valves
4 valves

Contras for sale...

Post by Bandmaster »

Try the Mandarins, they are selling a bunch of them. I just bought the Kanstul 3V.

From a forum that I oversee at World of Pageantry:

The Sacramento Mandarins has G Bugles for sale. Priority given to offers for the entire set or for complete sections. See photos, descriptions, and contact info at http://mandarins.org/Brass4Sale.html
Dave Schaafsma
1966 Holton 345 | 1955 York-Master | 1939 York 716 | 1940 York 702 | 1968 Besson 226 | 1962 Miraphone 186 | 1967 Olds | 1923 Keefer EEb | 1895 Conn Eb | 1927 Conn 38K | 1919 Martin Helicon
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

Cool, those are better connections than I knew about.

New rumor -- Phantom Regiment may be returning to G instruments in the near future. They've been working on revisions to the Bb King euphs & tubas, but even so, they may convince King to revive the K-series G brasses from the 1980's and update them to fully chromatic valves.