FS @ $2500 Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Figg
lurker
lurker

FS @ $2500 Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Figg »

Hi,

After much encouragement from my friends and teacher, I have decided to continue my sale with a much more detailed approach in hopes that it will be bought quickly. Below you will find what you will need to know about my Jupiter 584L CC tuba.

About the tuba
My Jupiter 584L was bought in February of this year. I am selling it because I am going to be beginning studies at the Mannes College of Music and would like a bigger (5/4) or newer horn for my studies. It has 5 total valves (4 piston and 1 rotor). I have used this for everything from ensembles to solo work and it is a great all around tuba that many individuals tend to "pass" so to speak.

This tuba has a great high range and an amazing low range. I owned a rotor horn before buying this and the difference in attack of the low range between the rotor and this tuba was absolutely noticeable. Its very powerful to put it into short terms.

Jupiter 584L Specs
• Concert Model
• 5 Valve (4 Piston + 1 Rotor)
• .732" Graduated Bore
• Flat Whole Step 5th Valve Slide
• Stainless Steel Pistons
• Mechanical-Link Tapered Rotary Valve
• Laquered Brass Body
• Nickel Silver Outer Slides
• 17.4" Bell
• ABS Molded Case

Modifications
There hasn't been many modifications done to this tuba because I have had it for only a couple of months and I just have never thought about it. However, currently it has a set of Conn valve buttons which were designed by Martin A. Wilk. These buttons were bought from another member of the board. I do not have the original Jupiter valve buttons but if it matters, I actually recommend this buttons. There is something about the buttons that just feel right.

Condition
This tuba is in great shape. I have taken very good care of it. In the almost 4 months that I have owned it, it has been used quite a lot. It has scratches and dings from normal use and belt buckles. There are some dings on the bell from my mouthpiece not being put in properly (unfortunately) but they are so small that they weren't noticeable when I took a photo. There is also some wear on the rotor from use of course but the lacquer itself on the tuba is near perfect. There is no lacquer wear.

As you can see, I pictured the ding that I believe is the most visible. Besides that, there is no other major flaw on here. I pictured the bottom bow as well where basically all of the scratches are located. Then to demonstrate any other scratches that may be on the tuba, I took two pictures of the entire tuba. One in flash (which captured some scratches) and one without flash. I also took a picture of the Martin A. Wilk valve buttons as well.

Professional Use
This is the same exact tuba model that Sam Pilafian uses professionally with the Boston Brass. I found this the other day, but Patrick Sheridan also said a statement having to say some good things about this model as well. Those are the only two that I know of but nonetheless, it is a great tuba.

Pricing and Details of the Deal
As a new tuba, these go for about $7000. I am looking for $4500 and shipping will be on me. $4500 will get you;

• Jupiter 584L CC tuba
• Jupiter hard case

The hard case is in ok condition. The hard case has been used a lot unfortunately. The wheels are ok but there is a crack at the top of the case which happened while loading the tuba for a concert (the guy didn't care, he just threw everything he saw on the truck).

http://postimg.org/image/kcnlrwc81/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://postimg.org/image/55dtn691z/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://postimg.org/image/607fxwzkd/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://postimg.org/image/iu28c0xj9/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
http://postimg.org/image/rkcwvqn8r/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I hope that this was as detailed as possible. If you are interested in purchasing this tuba or if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

- Figg
Last edited by Figg on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Figg
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ $4500 OBO: Jupiter 584 CC Tuba

Post by Figg »

:tuba:
Tuba0142
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ $4500 OBO ($3500:lowest I can go): Jupiter 584 CC T

Post by Tuba0142 »

Hello, is your Jupiter tuba still for sale. I would like to play it before I buy. Where is it located?
Figg
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ $4500 OBO ($3500:lowest I can go): Jupiter 584 CC T

Post by Figg »

Tuba0142 wrote:Hello, is your Jupiter tuba still for sale. I would like to play it before I buy. Where is it located?
Yes, it is still available and for sale. I am located in Pennsylvania. I PM'd you about it.

- Figg
Figg
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ *$3100*(MUST SELL): Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Figg »

:tuba:
Last edited by Figg on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

FYI to interested parties, Dillon's has a demo model 584S for sale... for $2,400 more than Figg's asking price:

http://www.dillonmusic.com/p-23085-jupiter-584s-cc.aspx

This 584L seems like a VERY good deal.
Figg
lurker
lurker

Post by Figg »

Hi,

It turns out I can squeeze in a shipment (if its bought) on Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday of this week so theres still a couple of days to reach out about this tuba. It really is a great tuba!

- Figg
Tuba0142
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT @ *$3100*(MUST SELL): Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Tuba0142 »

I am interested in trying out your tuba. I am able to come to you for this tryout. My wife and I will be in the Philadelphia area this Wed. (july 8). would it be possible on that day. I am a serious buyer.
Tuba0142
lurker
lurker

Re: FS/FT @ *$3100*(MUST SELL): Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Tuba0142 »

july 8
Figg
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ $3200 Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Figg »

This tuba is back on the market. Message me if you are interested and I will send you some new photos since the old ones are probably outdated.
Figg
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ $2900 Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Figg »

Price drop and bump
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

I'm just curious, is the fifth valve a 2+3 combination? The slide looks really long to be the "usual" flat whole step configuration.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Figg
lurker
lurker

Post by Figg »

bump
Figg
lurker
lurker

Re: FS @ $2500 Jupiter 584L CC Tuba

Post by Figg »

Really looking to move this. New and last price drop to $2500. Tuba, Jupiter case and Gard gig bag. That is the best I can do. You can pick it up or I ship it.
bububassboner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by bububassboner »

Tubajug wrote:I'm just curious, is the fifth valve a 2+3 combination? The slide looks really long to be the "usual" flat whole step configuration.
What's the answer to this?
Big tubas
Little tubas
Army Strong
Go Ducks!
brassbuckles
lurker
lurker

Post by brassbuckles »

I know this forum hasn't been updated in a month, but I'm curious if this horn is still available?

Thanks!
Aaron Buckley

Amati Kraslice (Cerveny) 68
Yamaha YBB-105
DaveH
lurker
lurker

Post by DaveH »

PM'd you regarding the Jupiter. I'm interested in buying it. Let me know! Hope all is well.
djtuba
bugler
bugler

Post by djtuba »

I to am interested in this tuba. Let me know if its still for sale.
Emerick
lurker
lurker

Post by Emerick »

Hey! Is this tuba still for sale? I'm interested in it and I want to know if there is any chance to try it before purchasing it?
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

If I hadn't spent a whole bunch more money for a Neptune - which I like! - I would have changed planets and bought this Jupiter instead. The price is great.