FS: Champion 3-valve Eb

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

FS: Champion 3-valve Eb

Post by thevillagetuba »

Hello all,

Some of you might have seen this horn for sale at BBC, but I figured that I would list it here since it hasn't moved in a couple years. On consignment, I have a ca. 1920 Champion 3-valve Eb tuba. The horn is in pretty good shape considering both it's age and the fact that it was just sitting in an attic before I acquired it. There are some dents and it could use a good polish, but it is still a great little player.

Here is what I can remember about the horn:
  • One or more of the valves have a little bit of leaking (though I played it just fine as is)
    The water key is held closed a ruberband because it leaks and the horn will not play otherwise
    All of the slides and valves move freely (when I last played it and dropped it off)
    All parts of the horn are original (with the exception of possibly a valve button), as far as I can tell
    Only signs of major repairs that I could see were some wrinkles in the bell and possibly some patching on the leadpipe
I am sure if you called Baltimore Brass, they could tell you more about the horn, but it was always fun to play. I put it on consignment there because I just simply have no use or room for it in my stable.

I asked the staff at BBC to price the horn at what they thought was a fair price for it, which they did at $395.

For information on the brand, please read this topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66557

Please contact either myself or the staff at BBC with any questions.

Thanks.
Last edited by thevillagetuba on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Champion 3-valve Eb

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump for a neat little Eb that has some beautiful engraving!
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

This horn is still available for anyone looking for a nice-playing vintage Eb horn!
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump. :tuba:
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I love the detail of the engraving. Cool little horn.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump.

This horn is still available and has had the price lowered to $295, though their site hasn't been updated to that fact.

Please contact myself or BBC with any questions.

(Eventually, if this never sells, I'll drive back out and pick it up and just hang it on my wall as it is such a neat looking horn)
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype