FS: Miraphone 188 CC 5-Valve Rotary Tuba (San Diego, CA)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
musicalmelody
lurker
lurker

FS: Miraphone 188 CC 5-Valve Rotary Tuba (San Diego, CA)

Post by musicalmelody »

PRICE: $6000

Hello everyone,
I bought this Tuba new in 2009 when I joined the San Diego Youth Symphony. It has been meticulously maintained and cleaned after every time it has been played. As a result, it still sounds AND looks almost as clear and crisp as when it was first purchased, albeit with a few scratches and dents from passionate playing! Now that I am heading to college, I was hoping another tubist could take it off my hands! I am asking $6000 to start, but I am flexible. It also includes a mouthpiece and soft carrying case, pictured in the photos.

Pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/YKF6J#8" target="_blank

If you're in the San Diego area, please contact me via PM and we can arrange a date to check it out in person!
musicalmelody
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Miraphone 188 CC 5-Valve Rotary Tuba (San Diego, CA)

Post by musicalmelody »

bump.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Question -- I've never seen a Miraphone 5th valve linkage quite like that. Usually it's parallel to the other linkages. Did you have yours changed, or did it come this way? What's the advantage of this setup?
lowbrasschick
lurker
lurker

Post by lowbrasschick »

Still available?
Ferguson
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ferguson »

I saw two Miraphones with this linkage setup. This setup is stock from the factory. These two were the first 188's to use the new style of thumb paddle seen on the 191/1291, and Miraphone has since shortened that tall linkage arm to a more normal length.

-F
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Any interested in trading for a 6/4 Kalison pro 2000 ??
Wisemann C
BMB F
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Any interested in trading for a 6/4 Kalison pro 2000 ??
Wisemann C
BMB F