MW 2000 For Sale or Trade

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
USMCTuba
bugler
bugler

MW 2000 For Sale or Trade

Post by USMCTuba »

Hey all!

I have an excellent MW 2000 here that needs a good home. It's a beautifully responsive horn that has performed well in concert band and quintet, especially with mouthpiece changes (GW Szentpali and Bobo Symphonic have been my choices for biggest sound and chamber ensemble sound).

I bought this horn a few months ago here on Tubenet, and although I've received a lot of great feedback performing with it I think I've just spent too much of my career playing on 1291's and PT6's for this to be a good fit. Not to mention the ill-advised debt. =/

$10,000, if you'd like to purchase it outright. It will come with a MTS hard case and one of the new Gard rolling gig bags.

I do have permission from the CFO to trade this horn though, and would love to get a silver, 5/4 or 6/4, 5-valve CC in exchange (preferably piston). I will likely keep the gig bag in the case of a trade, since it's modular and should fit all but the biggest horns.

I'm in Jacksonville, NC and in more than willing to drive a few hours to meet you half way; Raleigh, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach and Virginia Beach strike me as the most likely meeting points at the outside of my driving range.

There's a link to pics below. If you'd like to discuss, please msg me here.

Thanks for looking!

http://s393.photobucket.com/user/DEREKP ... r.jpg.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

edited to clear up some incoming questions
edited for location and grammar
Last edited by USMCTuba on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Bignick1357
bugler
bugler

Re: MW 2000 For Sale or Trade

Post by Bignick1357 »

Hey shoot me an email, I have a silver 1292 with an MTS hardcase if interested.

nallen1357 at gmail

Best,
Nick
Nick Allen
USM Music Ed Student Class of 2014
USMCTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: MW 2000 For Sale or Trade *New Location*

Post by USMCTuba »

bump
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
- Eleanor Roosevelt
USMCTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: MW 2000 For Sale or Trade *New Location*

Post by USMCTuba »

Bump!
- Eleanor Roosevelt
USMCTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by USMCTuba »

Bump!
- Eleanor Roosevelt
USMCTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by USMCTuba »

Bump!
- Eleanor Roosevelt