New 20 inch "B-Stock" 2341/56J Bell is sold

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

New 20 inch "B-Stock" 2341/56J Bell is sold

Post by Matt Walters »

Sold. For $355 (was $350) or good enough offer plus you cover the shipping or pick it up in person, I have a "B-Stock" new version King 2341 or Conn 56J tuba bell that I would like to sell. I got it directly from Conn-Selmer about 10 years ago and it has been sitting in my attic.
Raw brass, 20" diameter bell flair, never been on a horn, no engraving (So you could use it on a Holton or York project, too.) and I promise there to be minor scratches and dings in it. Hence the "B-stock" status when I bought it and the very low asking price. It is 23.5" tall and the diameter of the small end that fits on the bottom bow is 4.625". These new fixed bell King tubas have the same bottom bow as an older and taller King 2340/2341 with detachable bell.
Email me at work for a picture if you wish. matt@dillonmusic.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"
Last edited by Matt Walters on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
Owns old tubas that play better than what you have.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: New 20 inch "B-Stock" 2341/56J Bell for sale

Post by The Big Ben »

Matt Walters wrote:For $350 plus you cover the shipping or pick it up in person, I have a "B-Stock" new version King 2341 or Conn 56J tuba bell that I would like to sell. I got it directly from Conn-Selmer about 10 years ago and it has been sitting in my attic.
Raw brass, 20" diameter bell flair, never been on a horn, and I promise there to be minor scratches and dings in it. Hence the "B-stock" status when I bought it and the very low asking price.
Email me at work for a picture if you wish. matt@dillonmusic.com" target="_blank"
Is there more to installing this on an old-style two piece 2340/1 than soldering it properly to the bottom bow?
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Matt -- What is the height, also the diameter at the bottom end? Thank you. Paul.
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Post by Matt Walters »

23.5" tall and 4.625" diameter at the small end that fits into the bottom bow of the tuba. Also, no engraving. I've updated the original post. Sorry about that.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Matt --

No prob. Can't think of everything. Besides, every time you repost it bumps to the top.

First have to sell my silver YBB-621. Should happen within next three weeks. Then I'll get in touch with you. If your King bell sells before that -- well, wouldn't be the first time missed out on a good deal.

Paul.
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Post by Matt Walters »

That 20" Tuba bell is still available. $350 plus you pay shipping or pick it up in person. I will trade for an all original York 4 front action piston valve set that is .750" bore in valves one through three and a larger 4th valve bore of around .800". Will also accept a Chicago vintage Holton valve section that meets those specs.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Post by Matt Walters »

Bump for price INCREASE. Hey, why not? Everyone else does a decrease. What's $5 among friends.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble