Looking for a Wisemann or a 5/4 CC tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Looking for a Wisemann or a 5/4 CC tuba

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Hello there I'm in search for a Wiseman (since I can't find any in stock) or a 5/4 CC tuba.
I need something with a lot more sound than the miraclone" 186 I'm using. I only have a budget of 6000$ so that is why I was considering a wiseman, but I am open to any suggestions or anyone who has a horn that might fill the needs of my LARGE university orchestra.

Thank you guys very much and happy New Years!
-Sam
Wisemann C
BMB F
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Looking for a Wisemann or a 5/4 CC tuba

Post by thevillagetuba »

Dillon's has a used Eastman CC - https://www.dillonmusic.com/p-23776-eas ... 32-cc.aspx" target="_blank
Here is a Kalison Pro 2000 on the forum - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69600" target="_blank

Both of these horns are well within your price range and would give you extra money to spare.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

I couldn't find this post last night, but here is someone selling both the 4/4 and 5/4 BMB CC tubas for within your budget:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68700" target="_blank
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Thank you guys very much! I still am new to the forums so I don't know how to specifically reply to each comment,

I am looking into the BMB and sent him a message.

And I was looking at the eastmans but I don't k ow anything about them and I haven't heard them. Are they a full sized 5/4 like the wiseman?
Wisemann C
BMB F
hduong
bugler
bugler

Post by hduong »

Eastman is a 4/4 horn
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

There's a user named EMC here who is selling an Alexander 163. I forget the price, but believe its in your range. They take a bit of attention and upkeep, but the sound cant be beat.