SOLD**BMB F tuba for sale $3250**SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

SOLD**BMB F tuba for sale $3250**SOLD

Post by Ken Crawford »

Silver BMB F tuba with 18" bell for sale. Horn is in great shape with no dents, a couple tiny dings. 3rd valves slide pull and thumb ring assembly have been removed, but will be included if you want to re-attach them. Comes with black gig bag that is in almost new condition. Horn is located in Montana. I have a nice box to ship via Greyhound, but if you're within 1000 miles I'll deliver it personally. Asking $3250, shipping or delivery included.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... 0iow12.jpg" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww24 ... ggcftz.jpg" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Ken Crawford on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: BMB F tuba for sale

Post by Ken Crawford »

:tuba: :tuba: :tuba: :tuba:
chronolith
4 valves
4 valves

Post by chronolith »

That's a great price on a very versatile instrument. Not played this particular horn but the tuning is very manageable and the low range in laughably easy, especially that low C. Nice big sound and lots of flexibility in the tone. You could probably run this from gig to gig for a year before anybody figured out that it was an F tuba.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Thanks for the kind words about these tubas. The low range is absolutely seamless and effortless.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Fantastic F tuba still available. I've got some more pictures I can send via email.
eupho
4 valves
4 valves

Post by eupho »

ould you send photos and any video you might have to me? Thanks,Rob.

eupho@aol.com" target="_blank
2052sg Euphonium-
2110L BBb tuba
3/4 Conn Eb tuba
Southern Tier Concert Band(euph)]
Vestal(NY) Community Band(tuba)
Maine(NY) Community Band(conductor)
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: BMB F tuba for sale $3250

Post by Ken Crawford »

Great F tuba :tuba:
PaulMaybery
pro musician
pro musician

Post by PaulMaybery »

I've had the BMB 6/4 F now for 2 years. Mine is awesome. Of course it is. But, it is a great instrument for orchestral playing and even symphonic band. It gets a huge sound and the low register basically gets larger and larger as you descend. Low CC is ridiculously open and it sails down to CCC. While the sound can be huge, it can play very lightly, probably due to the responsiveness of the horn. Very versatile and a perfect quintet F tuba. It does produce what might be termed an America sound; that is somewhat broader than the european rotary F tubas. It seems to have the warmth of the large Besson EEb. The bell is very similar. Mine has the 20 inch bell. This is a steal of a deal. I use it regularly in an 80 piece orchestra with no problem at all with presence and projection.

Caveat - It does take a mature player to navigate the intonation. I mean that in a positive sense, for most of the range can be played with little or no slide pulling. If the chops are strong and the ear is right on, it pretty much lets you put the pitch where you want. I find that is the beauty of the whole thing. Some may like a horn with more slot and resistance.

Yes, this is the line of horns with the "rubber band". Not to be overly concerned. I opted to replace the RB with a nice 'sexy looking' black "O" ring. They last much longer. I string it with 2 so if one does happen to break, the other will keep working.

There is also a grab bar on the back of the horn, which aids a great deal in the ergonomice department. Depending on your size, on me this is a lap horn, and sits nicely on my right thigh.

While it is made in China, it is original American design by Dick Barth. And IMHO he has "hit a homerun with this horn."
Wessex 5/4 CC "Wyvern"
Wessex 4/4 F "Berg"
Wessex Cimbasso F
Mack Euphonium
Mack Bass Trombone
Conn 5V Double Bell Euphonium (casually for sale to an interested party)
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Thanks for the comments. A steal of a deal indeed.
chancek31
bugler
bugler

Post by chancek31 »

I keep coming back to this post hoping it hasn't sold yet, hopefully my money comes in soon so I don't miss out.