FS: 6v pro F tuba (Melton Spezial 46H-ML) $3500

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
tubenet_user
lurker
lurker

FS: 6v pro F tuba (Melton Spezial 46H-ML) $3500

Post by tubenet_user »

Great condition six valve F tuba (the seventh valve pictured is a tuning kick). It's been well cared-for but did sustain a dent to the bell which Lee Stofer repaired a few years back. You'll also see the scuff from where the thumb loop was relocated by the previous owner - it isn't pretty but it is just superficial, and unless you've got hands like Andre the Giant you'll be thankful for the modification. This exact model isn't sold (to my knowledge) but I found comparable models retailing from $10,065 to $14,464 - I'm asking $3,500. It comes in a hard shell case and I'll throw in an Altieri gig bag for free if you want it. The horn is located in Atlanta and I'll hand-deliver within the Southeast.

This really is a magnificent instrument with the flexibility to hold its own in ensembles great and small. It might not be the ideal choice for rattling the walls with the CSO playing Bruckner and Berlioz but for anything short of that, this is not your average F tuba.

I tried to attach a picture but I'm getting error messages (first saying it was too large and then saying the quota has been reached regardless of size...), so I'll email picture(s) upon request.