Traded: PT6PS for PCK

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Traded: PT6PS for PCK

Post by thevillagetuba »

TRADED

This is just a feeler, but I am looking for someone with a Gronitz PCK that wants a PT6PS. My PT6 is only a couple of months old (built last summer and made it to me from the factory in late October of last year), has already been modified by Alan Baer, has silver plated MAW valves, Baer PVAK, and a Wessex Gig Bag (I am too short to feel comfortable with the top-loading bag it came with for such a big horn).

I am only interested in a PCK as an even trade because this horn is in fantastic shape (practically new with mods!). Please PM me if you are interested and we can exchange specifics about the horns and an exchange.

And, yes, I know this is a long shot and there probably aren't many people out there, if any, that this applies to. My horn is not for sale, only for trade.

Edit: I would be willing to sell my horn for $13,500 only until the PCK that is for sale on this forum is sold.
Last edited by thevillagetuba on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTT PT6PS for PCK

Post by bort »

Just curious -- what particularly do you like more about the Gronitz more than the PT6?
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

bort wrote:Just curious -- what particularly do you like more about the Gronitz more than the PT6?
I was doing a side-by-side of my PT6 and a PCK last night and found that I liked the more direct tone I got with the PCK better than I got with my PT6. Both are great horns, but I like a more direct sound with a little more burn to it than I can really get with my horn. This was first time I really got to do this kind of test and it was quite beneficial to see the difference. My horn plays a little more open than a PCK, but both horns were quite even and comparable in every respect except for the sound out of the bell, which is what I am looking to change.

Hopefully that makes sense--I'm trying to be detailed instead of just saying that I like the sound better. :lol:

This trade would really benefit someone that is looking for a little wider of a sound than they get with their PCK and wants something that is a little less rough-sounding around the edges, I think.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Curmudgeon wrote:There is someone down the list here looking to sell a PCK. Initially his first post said he was looking for a PT6 (pretty sure it did at least). You might check with them...
Spoke with him last night. He already found a PT6 he likes and is now looking to just sell his PCK. I'm not really looking to try the "hopefully this will sell in enough time at a price to buy that horn" game and would rather just do a trade.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Makes sense to me -- trust me, I know all about selling tubas after keeping them for not too long. :oops:

I always say that the decision to buy a tuba is only the first step. The decision to *keep* it is the real test, and that takes time. While some people (like other tuba players, non-musicians, wives...) might think it's crazy to sell something so soon after buying it, I think it makes all the sense in the world, as long as you don't to it too much. You really need a few months with a tuba to know if it's really going to work long-term. Yes, it can be made to work, and you can certainly live with it... but why settle if it's not what you want, and you have the means to go after what you DO want? (Man, buying a tuba sounds a lot like dating... :oops:)

Not to mention, it must be pretty difficult to get those two horns side-by-side. Where do you buy a new Gronitz, anyway?

Good luck!
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTT/WTS PT6PS for PCK

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump for the addition of an outright sale condition. $13,500 plus shipping will get you my horn only as long as the PCK on the forum is still available.

Price is derived from the following:

$14,000 is the cost of a new silver PT6P
$1000 is the cost of the Baer Mods
$1250 for MAW valves
$180 for PVAK
Total new would be $16,430 without tax.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Still interested.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Still interested/horn is stale available for purchase.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump!
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump!

Just to clarify, the whole package includes the horn (w/ Baer Mods and PVAK), gig bag, MAW valves, and the original valves.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

:tuba: bump.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

To reiterate: this is a demo/like new horn with zero dings or plating wear and only minimal scratches from daily use and modifications.

Bump.
Robert S. Pratt
Getzen G60 prototype
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Bump. Still looking.
Robert S. Pratt