SOLD: 1935 King BBb

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
PRO
bugler
bugler

SOLD: 1935 King BBb

Post by PRO »

For Sale: 1935 King BBb Tuba

This is a three piston top-action BBb tuba in bright silver finish. The bell diameter is 22". This horn is in exceptional condition. There are no major dents and only a few very minor dings. Harvey Hartman (Harv's Happy Horns) completely disassembled and rebuilt this instrument some years ago. He sent the valves to Anderson for fresh plating, and they are in excellent condition. He adjusted the tuning slide lengths to put the horn in tune with itself. He raised the lead pipe off the bell to improve clarity of tone. He cleaned and flushed all valves and tubing, aligned the valves, installed nylon valve guides, replaced the water key cork, and converted the horn to Hetman synthetic valve oil and slide grease. This tuba is easy-blowing, has an unusually “bright” sound for a tuba of this size, with remarkable presence. After the overhaul, this was my quintet horn for some years. There is no case.

Please see photos at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x4lpmhg6vi4d ... =100982744" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
(Double-click to enlarge the photos.) The tuba stand in some of the photos is not for sale.

Price $2100. Buyer pays shipping and insurance. You are most welcome to visit and try-before-you-buy. Located in Hackettstown, NJ.

Cannot respond to PM's. PLEASE EMAIL pro@goes.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by PRO on Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: 1935 King BBb

Post by PRO »

Bump.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump.
Frank Ortega
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Frank Ortega »

Another great example of a 1930's HN White -King Tuba!
It's my personal belief that HN White made their best instruments in the 30's.
This one has a great scale, response, and sound. The intonation is very good, as with all King tubas.

If you don't mind 3 valves and top action, this is a great all-around instrument!

Frank Ortega
Frank Ortega
Band Director
Saddle Brook MS/HS
The Bloomfield Civic Band
Music Director/Conductor
Bon Temps Brass
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump.

Three or four tubists are daily viewing this ad and the ad for the 1905 York Eb. Please feel free to contact me by email at pro@goes.com" target="_blank. No PM's, please.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump. Thank you for looking.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

Nice looking horn. I simply don't need another one or I'd be all over it. :wink:
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Thanks. They say that a laborer works with his hands, a craftsman works with his hands and his head, and an artist works with his hands and his head and his heart. Harvey was an artist. He sure did a beautiful job on this tuba.

(Wherever you see the word "his" above, please pretend it says "his/her".)
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump. Thank you for looking.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump. Here's one of the photos. Please see the rest of the photos on
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x4lpmhg6vi4d ... =100982744" target="_blank (Double-click to enlarge the photos.) The tuba stand in some of the photos is not for sale.

Thank you for looking.
IMG_1996 Small.JPG
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Bump for Labor Day weekend!
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

Sale pending.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Re: BACK ON THE MARKET: 1935 King BBb

Post by PRO »

Back on the market. Buyer is a young freelancer who sincerely wants to own this instrument but must sell his own tuba before he can pay for this one. He has kindly advised me to repost the horn, as it has been listed as "sale pending" on his behalf for two months and he does not want to further delay the sale.
jaztuba23
lurker
lurker

Post by jaztuba23 »

What a super sound. The resonance blew me away. HN White 1930 horn is really the best created horn of that era. The large bell paired with the floating leadpipe allows the bell to do its thing. This particular metal has one of the best resonating sounds that I have heard on a horn. I was surprisingly pleased at this aspect of the horn. I think this horn is a monster get for someone. I am a four valve guy but a few adjustments can make this a powerful horn. I did not want to put it down. KING can do no wrong. :tuba:

Dorian Parreott II
musician / teacher
North Plainfield School Systems
jaztuba23
lurker
lurker

Post by jaztuba23 »

What a super sound. The resonance blew me away. HN White 1930 horn is really the best created horn of that era. The large bell paired with the floating leadpipe allows the bell to do its thing. This particular metal has one of the best resonating sounds that I have heard on a horn. I was surprisingly pleased at this aspect of the horn. I think this horn is a monster get for someone. I am a four valve guy but a few adjustments can make this a powerful horn. I did not want to put it down. KING can do no wrong. :tuba:

Dorian Parreott II
musician / teacher
North Plainfield School Systems
PRO
bugler
bugler

Post by PRO »

On hold pending payment.
PRO
bugler
bugler