FS: Gronitz PCK

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Jacob2ba
lurker
lurker

FS: Gronitz PCK

Post by Jacob2ba »

FS: Gronitz PCK CC Tuba

I am selling my Gronitz PCK CC tuba. It was purchased new about two years ago. It is in mint condition.
I had no plans to sell this tuba and even purchased a reasonable lifetime supply of replacement parts. Unfortunately, I have to sell the horn because I must change from piston to rotary.

The tuba was handcrafted in Hamburg, Germany and is very well made. This is the same horn model that Alan Baer won the New York Phil position with. John DiCesare, principal tubist of the Louisville Symphony test played it at the Midwest Tuba/Euph Conference and he considered it “one of the better PCK’s”.

The horn comes with a black leather Cronkite case and the following spare parts:
• 2 water keys
• 4 finger buttons
• 36 valve pads
• 50 valve guides

Its specifications are:
• 4 piston-valves,1 rotory- valve
• instrument in yellow brass
• with nickelsilver slides and goldbrass leadpipe
• bore size: 19 mm - 20 mm
• bell diameter = 500 mm
• height = 960 mm

WWBW is selling the PCK for $17,999. A new Cronkite case cost $480. The Gronitz replacement parts cost $360. I am asking $14,500. No trades will be considered. The tuba is located in Temperance, Mi. I am not interested in shipping the tuba, but would drive a reasonable distance to meet a prospective buyer.

E-mail any questions you may have to to KevinF (at) MSPro (dot) com.

Pictures are here:
http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/_2000 ... 0CC%20Tuba" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Jacob2ba on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Re: FS: Gronitz PCK

Post by Peach »

Great horns but I'm pretty certain Mr Pokorny never won any auditions using one?
Peach
Jacob2ba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jacob2ba »

Your right, my apologies. Alan Baer did win the NY Phil with it, but Gene uses the PCK as his main CC tuba. He originally won Chicago using the Hirsbrunner HB-50 (according to horn guys). I didn't realize to separate the two while writing the post. Thank you for the correction! I've fixed the post above so it is now accurate.
Last edited by Jacob2ba on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

50 valve guides? That should be enough for the next hundred years or so...
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

I notice some of the spare parts are marked"Adams". Any corporate relationship? Beautiful horn bump
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
Jacob2ba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jacob2ba »

I went to the Gronitz shop in Hamburg, Germany last year and met Dietrich Kleine-Horst. He is the one who built my PCK and provided me the spare parts.
Jacob2ba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jacob2ba »

Bump
Shostytuben
bugler
bugler

Post by Shostytuben »

Is this horn still for sale?
Jacob2ba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jacob2ba »

Yes, the horn is still for sale. E-mail any questions you may have to to KevinF (at) MSPro (dot) com.
Seth Horner
lurker
lurker

Post by Seth Horner »

Gene plays a gronitz??
North Carolina Symphony
Jacob2ba
lurker
lurker

Post by Jacob2ba »