Olds (U.S.A.) valve trombone w/aux. slide - c. $300 Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Olds (U.S.A.) valve trombone w/aux. slide - c. $300

Postby bloke » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm selling my spare Olds (Fullerton, California) valve trombone.
(In the past, I kept two of these locked up in storage rooms at two difficult-to-get-my-stuff-into clubs, as I was also regularly -already - schlepping a tuba/sousaphone, a bass, and an amp into those clubs. Yes, my other one is shinier and isn't for sale, but - were it for sale - the price wouldn't be stupid-low, as I'm asking for this one...)

- dent free
- original epoxy lacquer with quite a few scratches and scuffs (NO big worn areas)
- ready to take to a gig
- same "machine" as is found on the 1970's Olds/1980's Bach "marching trombone"
- one of the pistons has a very small plating-worn place on the bottom, and another of the pistons has a few tiny pinpoint plating failure speckles. The pistons tolerances are perfect, and the valves do not stick at all.
- The case is a large brown "box" case (o.e.m.) It is UGLY (some missing brown cover material), but VERY sturdy with good hinges/latches, and the inside is nice.
:arrow: I've also tossed in a duo-bore Olds "Ambassador" playing slide which (certainly NOT "like new") works quite well.

- The engraving on the bell is intricate, and points towards a professional build-quality (which it is) instrument.
- The valve section will bolt up to ALL small-shank Fullerton-Olds trombone bell sections (Ambassador, Special, Studio, Super, Recording, etc.)

The firm price is $315 + FedExGround or USPS shipping (domestic only, please) paid by any of the four major credit cards. I'll cut the price to $300 + shipping/postage if you mail a ("good", please) personal check.

We're not talking about any real money here... (The price is "Walmart checkout money") ...so please don't buy, "try", and ask to return. It IS what it IS.

I could probably send pictures, but - if you know me - you also know that there are NO surprises here...and you can google pictures of this model.
...and yes, I'll send some pictures if someone really wants to see them...but also (please) REALLY want to buy it if you ask for pictures. :|

If you buy this - and a complete newbie to the small-bore trombone world, I can find some sort of cheap mouthpiece to put in the case with it.

Thanks!

- joe

OK...
I just snapped some phone pics...
This should make it easy...

Last edited by bloke on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Olds (U.S.A.) valve trombone w/aux. slide - c. $300

Postby bloke » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:21 pm

...or you can think of it THIS way:

$300 =

$150 for an Olds Ambassador trombone with a better-sounding-than-Olds-Ambassador bell section

~PLUS~

$150 for a really cool authentic Olds valve section to fit it...

~PLUS~

$0.00 for a sturdy box that will hold all of it.

8)
bloke

Postby ken k » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:38 pm

hmmm...
Miraphone Norwegian Star Eb
Mirafone 187 BBb
1919 Pan American BBb Helicon
1924 Buescher BBb tuba (Dr. Suessaphone)
1990 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
2001 Mazda Miata
ken k
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bloke » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:48 pm

I have two interested gents in line so far...
...so I'd prefer that inquiries be suspended until these two are sorted out (with one-or-neither ending up in a sale).

Thanks! :)
bloke

Postby bloke » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:45 am

kinda lookin' "sold"...
I'll mark it such when certain.

Thanks!
bloke

Postby Three Valves » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:01 am

I don't see these very often...

If one put a crook in the bell section, would one have a Bb three piston valve cimbasso??

Kinda??
Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
MackBrunner 210L
Bach 12
Kelly 18
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby bloke » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:27 am

perhaps...

I use mine as another 32/64-bar solo (when needed, such as when the personnel is minimal...like a trio). ...also (mostly polka band jobs) some harmony work with the other (real) trombone player on stage... or (6 or 7 pc. jazz band) "trading fours"...etc...

For gig longevity, it's good to have the patrons notice the band - IF the band is good. When there's no cute chick singer on stage, some of the few things left as a resort are gimmicks.
bloke

Postby Toobist » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm looking for a valve trombone as of now. If the above transaction doesn't pan-out, please lemme know.
Al Carter
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.brantfordsymphony.com/
Toobist
pro musician
pro musician

Return to For Sale by Owner