FS: BBb Frankentuba $1800

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Dubby
bugler
bugler

FS: BBb Frankentuba $1800

Post by Dubby »

I am listing my tuba for sale since I've realized I have a different sound concept than I thought I wanted. I'll post pictures later, but I can send photos to anyone who is interested. I bought this horn from Tabor in October I believe.

There are some dents in the tubing, the lacquer is rough, and some slides could probably be straightened for easier slide pulling, but it hasn't been a problem for me. The only intonation issue I have run into with this horn has been C in the staff being flat. My solution has been to lip it if it's a faster passage or use 1-3 if it's being held.

It's a 4 valve tuba, roughly the same size as a King 2341. So 20" bell, .678 (?) bore, 4/4. Comes with a Wessex gig bag that fits great and has good padding.

I am asking $1800 obo for the horn and gig bag. Located in Sioux Falls, SD until May 23 and then Owatonna, MN and then in Waubay, SD for the rest of the summer. I would much prefer a local sale because I am not too confident in my packing abilities, but in the case of shipping, Greyhound will be used. I am also willing to drive a few hours to meet someone.
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/fV1Cv
TubaZac2012
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: BBb Frankentuba $1800

Post by TubaZac2012 »

If this plays anything like my Tabor build CC this is a sweeeeeeeet tuba. Stupid low price. Good luck on sale.
Zac Riley
Shoals Community Band
Twickenham Winds
Huntsville Brass Band Contrabass Tuba
Madison Community Symphony Orchestra
York/King/Reynolds Custom Tabor Build Franken York CC
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

"Local" sale in South Dakota means within 500 miles right?
Dubby
bugler
bugler

Post by Dubby »

I guess local might be the wrong term. I would prefer to sell it to someone within the upper Midwest: MN, IA, SD, ND, WI, but I would be willing to drive a few hours to meet someone if they are serious about a purchase.
Dubby
bugler
bugler

Post by Dubby »

Bump. I've had some people express interest but no deal has been made. Make an offer.
Dubby
bugler
bugler

Post by Dubby »

Horn is on hold.