Willson 5-Rotax 5/4CC 3050RZ(3050RS) for sale!--Rare!!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
poomshanka
4 valves
4 valves

Post by poomshanka »

Just an unsolicited recommendation on this model. Rare? Most definitely. Why aren't there more of them out there? Good question. I just bought one of Paul Krzywicki's, and I'd have to say it's the best large rotary CC I've ever played. I played a rotary B&S PT-6 for seven years, and this thing could have easily had it for lunch.

Top to bottom, the horn is very even. I haven't found any squirrely notes that I can't pound on for fear they'd break apart. Intonation's great, and the low register's big, but with some nice zip. The first night I played it in rehearsal, folks were literally turning around to look.

The build on this thing is second to none (it weighs around 27 pounds), and it will easily outlast several players. If anyone's in Southern California, and would like to try one out, please feel free to touch base.

...Dave
Tubadork
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Tubadork »

BUMP,
I played this horn and this is a real nice horn, I'm not sure why these aren't more popular.
Bill "I just bought Jimmy's Willson Eb" Pritchard
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.

Huttl for life