FS: Reynolds Contempora Eb (Sold)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

FS: Reynolds Contempora Eb (Sold)

Post by Ethan M »

Hi all!

Reynolds Contempora Eb tuba-- This is a detachable-bell 3-valve Eb; I bought it about a year ago from a Craigslist posting in Lenexa, KS (near Kansas City). The guy who sold it to me told me the serial number puts its manufacture date in 1964, but I didn't check with any registry to confirm that. The lacquer is a bit ugly, and there are a couple spots it's been worn through. There are a number of minor dents, there's a patch on the leadpipe, and the valve caps and buttons don't match. The valves all move just fine, and so do the tuning slides. Included with it is a Blessing 18 mouthpiece that came when I bought it. I tried a few others that I have around, and this one was by far the best partner to the horn, so it'll stay with it. I don't have any cases for it, and I only have the recording bell. I tried to get a picture of the engraving on the bell, but I couldn't find lighting that would do it justice--it's clearly legible, even though the photo may not look that way.

I used this horn in one or two concerts with a small-ish (roughly 30 players) summer community band I play regularly with, and even as the only tuba player, I didn't have any issues keeping up. Intonation isn't impeccable, but it is workable, and I always liked the sound it makes. I found the false tones easy to access, particularly when I used the Blessing 18 that goes with it, which is why I stuck with that piece. I bought this horn to learn Eb, and because it's a fun horn; I'm selling it because I'm headed to college this year, and it would gather dust at home if I held onto it now. The other horn pictured is a Miraphone 186, just for scale.

As far as price goes, I am only looking to get back what I have in it. My price is $500; I'm located near Lincoln, NE, and I would obviously prefer not to ship, so I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet a buyer.

Link to pictures-- https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

E-Z Tone Mouthpiece-Sold!-- I picked this up a few years ago from an ebay auction with a few other mouthpieces. I sold it once, only to have it returned by a buyer who insisted it was not a tuba mouthpiece. Afterwards, I took it to my teacher, (a member here) and we decided it is an 'Eb shank.' It's a bit tarnished at the moment, but it shines up pretty well with a Q-tip and some silver polish. The shank is perfect, and the rim is pretty good-no notches or anything that are noticeable to the lips.
Price-Sold

Link to mouthpiece pictures-- https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm interested Sellmansberger mouthpiece parts, so if someone wanted to do a trade plus cash for the tuba, I would be interested! Let me know if you have any questions or offers! I can figure out the best way to make payment work with a buyer, though I think PayPal is a good bet. Best way to contact me about is my email-- (millington (dot) ethan (at) gmail (dot) com) otherwise, send me a PM. Thanks for reading!

:tuba: :tuba:
Last edited by Ethan M on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Reynolds Contempora Eb and 2 mouthpieces

Post by Ethan M »

Bump! The E-Z Tone mouthpiece has sold. I'd like to move the tuba!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

This horn is still for sale! I'd love to get it sold before the school year gets up and running; I might be willing to ship (Greyhound, preferably) at the buyer's expense, however, I would rather arrange a meeting of some sort to avoid the hassle/risk. I'm willing to drive a few hours in any direction from Southeastern Nebraska to meet a buyer, but once the school year begins, that'll be tough. If you'd be interested in some sort of trade, just shoot me a message or email and let me know what you've got in mind!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Post by Ethan M »

Just another bump. I've had some interest, but nothing solid yet. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions via PM or email!
Ethan M
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Reynolds Contempora Eb

Post by Ethan M »

This horn is sold. Thanks!